276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Best Friends

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Alice's mother tells Gemma's family that they all are moving to Scotland from England because there was a better job for Alice's dad, Gemma is heartbroken. The characters - other than Biscuits and grandad, I found the characters unlikeable and hard to put up with. During Gemma's visit to Scotland, Flora is disdainful of Gemma's childish ways and tries to get Alice to do what she wants to do. Alice is a quiet and shy girly girl who is the exact opposite of Gemma, and that's why they get along so well. They were born on the same day and seemingly do everything together; however, they do have different personalities which add to their camaraderie.

Jacqueline is also a great reader, and has amassed over 20,000 books, along with her famous collection of silver rings.This book is a must read because it is so easy to relate to and really sends a message out to children that things can get better from where they are, you jut need to push through and things will go nicely for you. Awalnya kupikir karakter Gemma disini mirip Tracy Beaker (my least fav chara in JW books) tapi ternyata beda. She is Alice's best friend and is devastated when she learns Alice is moving to Scotland, having seen each other nearly everyday since the cradle.

Devastatingly Alice’s father gets a job that is situated in Scotland and it appears that their friendship will be all but lost due to the distance they will be apart, they now have to navigate through life without one another and make new friends.Their parents allow an unhealthy obsession to persist which shows itself as control freakish, jealousy, possessiveness, obsessiveness, insecurity and selfishness. Billy ' Biscuits' Mcvitie: The girls' schoolfriend, a large, tubby boy who loves food, both eating and cooking. A question that many of our students ask themselves at this time of the year, when a good friend is moving away.

Despite Gemma's larger-than-life personality and Alice's quieter, calmer character, the two are inseparable - until Alice has to move house, all the way to Scotland. I think that the author wrote this book to show that anyone can get over things that could be major or minor. I think that it is easy to relate to for children as it deals with the complex world of friendships and break ups and how they are dealt with.Gemma the main character is heartborken when she discovers that Alice and her family are moving away to Scotland. In the story, Alice and her family move away to Scotland and both Gemma and Alice are desperate to remain best friends. In the TV series Biscuits' mother is dead; his grandmother is his legal guardian and there seems to be no mention of a father or any siblings. Gemma is a rather feisty character; a tomboy who loves to get messy and always seem to end up breaking the rules. One weekend, Gemma’s granddad agrees to take Gemma to Scotland to see Alice but the day ends in disaster when Gemma, in a fit of jealousy, throws a cake at Flora’s face.

Kisah 2 sahabat, dua-duanya gadis cilik usia SD, dan salah satunya tipe "Lu yang tadi ngomongin gua di perosotan, yaa?Not wanting this, Alice suggests that she and Gemma run away - and do so during the leaving party on the day before the move. Gemma and Alice have been best friends since they were both born on the same day in the same hospital. I really loved this book because I could really share and express the emotions of the character on the story, especially Gemma, since she seemed to feel the most grief over what happened. When Alice's dad gets a new job in Scotland, Gemma is distraught and does everything she can to keep Alice for herself, scared that she'll find a new best friend in Scotland and forget all about her. so now they have to do something to make them still have a tight friendship that could last a whole life time and try and stop them from breaking apart from each other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment