276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kodak Portra 400 35m 36exp Film Professional 5 Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nine times out of ten, I always overexpose Kodak Portra 400 by metering it at 200 and meter for the shadows or midtones. This, as most of you know, will give you a beautiful and colorful images. If you’re uncertain of how your subject should be exposed the sky can be a good reference point in this sort of light. On Portra I feel that the sky, whether partly cloudy or clear blue, looks best when exposed with that extra ⅔ stop of compensation. This reduces some of the saturation in the sky, which often leans towards an unattractive cyan on Portra. If your entire scene is in daylight, chances are that metering the sky and adding this extra exposure will result in a good exposure for your image on Portra, no matter what the subject is. It’s everyone’s favorite go-to for a reason. It’s easy to handle just about any scene. Dynamic Range Visit us and you'll always find a friendly welcome. Our policy is to treat our customers as we would like to be treated ourselves, a simple ideal that we try hard to live up to. Aside from just metering Portra 160 at 100, I also err on the side of overexposure. I pay more attention to the average reading in the foreground rather than the entire scene including the sky and I often have exposure compensation on my metering camera set to +0.7 for an extra two-thirds stop. This means that the film is almost always being overexposed by more than a full stop, and skies might be overexposed by a stop or two (or sometimes several) more than that.

If I wanted to give one of my point ‘n’ shoot cameras to a friend who doesn’t shoot film to try and see how they liked it, Portra would also be a likely choice. I think it’d give them results that’d make them want to shoot more film. Want to see some of the different ways you can use Kodak Portra 400? We have put together some of our favourite Portra 400 shots by our customers – you can see them here. Here’s what the film looks like as the sun is starting to sort of set in Brooklyn, NY, and the clouds are rolling in. The colors are still nice and muted. But see how the sun gives a really nice rim light to Rory’s hair? Hi Simon, nicely done! I’m really loving the first and second images. I’m guessing the higher contrast is from the push processing. Love the look!

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Kodak Portra 400 is a pretty new film; especially when you consider how long Kodak as a brand has been around. It was born in 1998 and changed to what it is today in 2010. Exposing this film at ISO 200 and developing for 320. This way it gets more light but not an excessive amount. Okey dokey guys, that’s it for me. Now go out there, see the world, and document it with this beautiful and vibrant film. Alongside these was a Portra VC, which stood for vivid colour and also came in ISO 160 and 400 versions. Its easier to keep a consistent aesthetic when shooting color film than with digital. Digital JPEG presets, filters, and RAW post-processing is constantly changing and evolving.

It’s Vericolor II that brings us to the Portra era, with the VPL one first being replaced by a short-lived Ektacolor Pro Gold 100T film in 1998. A year later, this was rebranded as Portra 100T, a film that was discontinued in 2006. PAST BYLINES: Gear Patrol, PC Mag, Geek.com, Digital Photo Pro, Resource Magazine, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, IGN, PDN, and others. and large format look better due to more emulsive surface area. It’s the same idea with small point and shoot sensors, your phone sensor, etc. Additionally, there are other things that play a part with the optics here.We're very easy to find, our London store is just off Oxford Street between Oxford Circus station and Tottenham Court Road station. The Essex shop is located in High Chelmer Shopping Centre, just off the High Street in Chelmsford.The Stevenage shop is located in the Old Town, in the old Post Office with parking outside For years, professional photographers have preferred Kodak Portra Films because of their consistently smooth, natural reproduction of the full range of skin tones. In that same tradition, the new Portra 400 Film is the ideal choice for portrait and fashion photography, as well as for nature, travel and outdoor photography, where the action is fast or the lighting can?t be controlled. High-speed films help in capturing fine-quality, sharp images even in uncontrollable lighting conditions. This makes them particularly suitable for shoots during the night. Therefore I encourage you to experiment shooting with film, just for fun! But ultimately, I don’t think that film photography is superior to digital photography. In fact, digital photography (at this point) is probably superior to film photography (in terms of of cost, convenience, dynamic range, color rendition). 6. Portra 400 for personal photography Kodak Portra 400 35mm Film Single Roll 36 Exposures probably needs no introduction. It is the most popular film on the market today and a favourite choice for a huge amount of film photographers.

Rating at ISO 200 and metering for the shadows or midtones will give beautiful, warm colors and natural skin tones. The new Portra 400 Film is the world's finest grain high-speed colour negative film. At true ISO 400 speed, this film delivers spectacular skin tones plus exceptional colour saturation over a wide range of lighting conditions. For years, professional photographers have preferred Kodak Portra Films because of their consistently smooth, natural reproduction of the full range of skin tones. In that same tradition, the new Portra 400 Film is the ideal choice for portrait and fashion photography, as well as for nature, travel and outdoor photography, where the action is fast or the lighting can't be controlled. If I had a special occasion to shoot or a trip or holiday that I wanted to save on film, Portra would be high on my list of candidates for the job. I think it’d give me results I’d love.

FAQS

It’s by far the most searched for film on Google, according to my rudimentary research, and also the number one figure of fun on r/AnalogCircleJerk, which is a less scientific measure but also a good sign. Portra must be popular if it’s become a cliché. It works because nothing in the image is overdone, yet nothing is bland either. I assume, since I never shot them, that it’s like they took the differing attributes of the NC and VC versions and somehow got them to work together. Camera films with a high exposure tend to produce images with more grains as it captures crisp and sharp details in every lighting condition. That’s why Kodak has introduced the micro-structure T-GRAIN emulsion that prevents grainy texture, especially making the film roll suitable for enlargement and scanning purposes. The Kodak professional film also features a cinematic VISION film technology that provides a fine grain structure with edge detailing and sharpness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment