276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Because of Miss Bridgerton: A Bridgerton Prequel (The Rokesbys (Bridgerton Prequels) Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

People ranked The Viscount Who Loved Me, a perennial fan favorite, as the best book of the Bridgerton series for its enemies-to-lovers trope "full of banter and chemistry" with character development for the central couple, "both as a pair and on their own." [6] The Bridgerton Series - Julia Quinn | Author of Historical Romance Novels". juliaquinn.com . Retrieved May 7, 2022. Slight spoiler: I also liked that there was nothing beyond kissing (albeit very intense kissing) until very near the end of the story. I always find the placement of sex scenes in a romance, and particularly the placement of the very first sex scene, to be of interest, and the wait for this one was rather unusual but felt appropriate. My two favorite romance relationship archetypes, in historical romance and all others types, are the couple who start out with a shared animosity and gradually discover what they love about one another (the classic Pride and Prejudice romance) and the couple who have known each or been friends for a long time and need to find their way to changing the nature of the relationship. Because of Miss Bridgerton is a lovely blending of those. It initially seems hard to reconcile the two: why, if they have know and disliked each other for so long, would they suddenly fall in love? This story show how little twists of circumstance are the answer to that question. Besides, she was done with that cursed animal. Never let it be said that Billie Bridgerton was in possession of a sentimental heart. She’d tried to save the mangy beast because it was the right thing to do, then she had tried to save it again, if only because it seemed like a waste of her previous efforts not to, but now…

George’s heart stopped. He had never, ever seen Billie Bridgerton with such an expression on her face.

List Chapter or Page:

And then later, when he proposes, she rejects him because she thinks he's asking because he has to, not because he wants to...and she follows this by worrying if she messed up by rejecting him. Then even later, he disappears during a ball with a random OW and is gone for HOURS, ditching her there and forgetting the two dances he'd promised her, finally coming home after 3AM, and he tells her he can't tell her where he was or what he was doing...and that's good enough for her to fall into bed with him? I found her reactions hard to swallo

Oh bloody hell, what did it matter what the time was? It wasn't going to get her off this damned roof. Billie hat keine Ahnung was da plötzlich passiert mit ihr und warum sie Georg so anders sieht, wie sie seine Brüder sieht, beide lernen von ihrer üblichen Art abzuweichen, was für beide ähnlich wie im Blindflug ist. I don't know about you, but. This. Feels. Too. Fractured. And. I. Can't. Get. Myself. To. Like. It. Something strange is happening between Billie and George. They are acting strange around each other. You know what that means right? And then one day there is a kiss... a kiss... did you just kiss me? did he just kiss me? What just happened? And he did. Oh, she knew he did. He had never made any effort to disguise it. Although to be fair, neither had she.

Need Help?

If you can believe it, this was my first experience with a Julia Quinn book, and I had no IDEA what I was missing.

It would be fair to say that George Rokesby, eldest son of the Earl of Manston and currently known to the civilized world as Viscount Kennard, was an even-tempered gentleman. He had a calm, steady hand, a relentlessly logical mind, and a way of narrowing his eyes just-so that ensured that his wishes were met with cool efficiency, his desires granted with breathless pleasure, and –and this was the most important part– all of this occurred according to his preferred schedule. I loved them. From Daphne to Gregory's stories, I could inhale them! I still "remember" when Gregory inadvertently pushes Simon into the river. ;) Crompton, Sarah. "Meet Julia Quinn, the woman behind Bridgerton". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460 . Retrieved May 18, 2022. There is only one Rokesby Billie absolutely cannot tolerate, and that is George. He may be the eldest, and heir to the earldom, but he’s arrogant, annoying, and she’s absolutely certain he detests her. Which is perfectly convenient, as she can’t stand the sight of him, either. Another out-of-nowhere thing was them going to London. House party is over...and now they're suddenly heading off to London??? As soon as London was mentioned, I had a feeling things were going to shift there, but I was waiting to see what would trigger it. I understood George going, but why Billie?! George is going so that he can try and find information on his brother, Edward, and where he might be. But suddenly Billie wants to go too? Because she's only ever been to London once...? This is a time they're all worried about Edward, and to see if he's dead or alive, and they're all YUP BILLIE IS GOING TO LONDON! Because she's only been once! Wha...? This ain't no pleasure trip or vacation!Billie nodded. It was a good plan, the only plan, really, and she’d be stupid to argue just because he was the one who’d come up with it. Even if that had been her initial impulse. Is that going to hold?” she asked. The wood looked somewhat splintered and was emitting ominous creaking noises with every step. The wit, the swoon worth romance, the writing, all of it was gold... that is why, it pains me to say this now, but it feels as if the author has lost that magical touch :/ George gritted his teeth, said something quite unsavory under his breath, and reached out for the cat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment