276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Miles Morales: Stranger Tides (Original Spider-Man Graphic Novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Full disclosure I'm not a Marvel reader, I'm not familiar with Mile's origin story, and I've never seen Into the Spiderverse. Though I do remember when Marvel was originally launching this character. So I came in as a new reader getting an intro to this comic from this graphic novel. New and upcoming novels and guidebooks from Marvel’s mighty Spider-Verse are hitting bookstores near you!

I liked this! Miles Morales is a sweetheart. He’s caring, and conscientious and funny, and the family and friends surrounding him are great. Note: Spider-Men is the story in which Miles Morales meets Peter Parker from the regular Marvel Universe. The Into The Spider-Verse movie borrowed elements of this story. Behind the scenes, Porker soon discovers that some very shady characters are bankrolling the entire operation, in a bid to convince the residents of New Yolk City that their porcine protector is a threat who must be eliminated. Now, Spider-Ham must face down an army of ninja production assistants and some truly shoddy CGI to prevent this box-office bomb from blowing up his reputation! Will everyone's favorite pig clear his name? Or is this porky protector headed for the cutting room floor?Miles Morales is a Brooklyn middle schooler who also happens to be Spider-Man. He is not to be confused with the older, more experienced Spider-Man from Queens, although they are pals. And he has some unique powers – he can go invisible and stun bad guys with a blast of venom. Bad news hits close to home when earthquakes hit Puerto Rico, where his Mom is from. Miles helps to organize a fundraiser for those affected by the quake, and while he is handing out flyers, he meets a new student, Kyle. When Kyles’ father goes missing at the same time as earthquakes continue in Puerto Rico AND two mysterious superhero types keep appearing around Serval Industries, where Kyles’s father works, Miles has to go into overdrive to keep up with everything – school, family, the fundraiser, and helping find Kyle’s Dad. It’s funny to see a superhero trying to find time to sleep. Note: This is an anthology one-shot that features a Miles Morales story by Vita Ayala, Alberto Alburquerque. Main character: Miles Morales, who splits his time in the book between planning a fundraiser for his mother’s homeland of Puerto Rico which has recently had devastating earthquakes, and investigating the mysterious disappearance of his friend’s father.

The first in a three-book middle grade novel series by Spider-Man’s number one fan and hilarious fiction writer, Preeti Chhibber! Miles Morales is still just your average teenager. He has unexpectedly become totally obsessed with poetry and can never seem to do much more than babble around his crush. Nothing too weird. Oh! Except, just yesterday, he used his Spidey super-powers to save the world (no biggie) from an evil mastermind called The Warden. And the grand prize Miles gets for that is… What If…? Miles Morales, features what if situations where he takes on the role of other Marvel heroes. OPTIONAL: To capitialise on the popularity of Into the Spider-Verse movie, Marvel published a 5-part miniseries that say Miles Morales teaming up with a range of Spider-People to save the day.

New {{{register}}} Customers

Note: Miles Morales (2022 series) is still ongoing and there will be more issues announced and released in the future. The guide will be updated when more information is made available. Araña is a Spider-Girl lost in time. Miguel O’Hara is a Spider-Man who’s lost his way. Together, they’re our only hope. Araña. It means spider—and it also means Anya Corazon. She was a normal Brooklyn teenager with normal Brooklyn problems—until a few months ago, when she was gifted with amazing spiderlike abilities, from super-strength and heightened agility to web-slinging. A powerful mentor guided her on how best to use these new powers for good—until Anya lost him, just as she lost her mother, just as she’s about to lose everything she knows.

I read this middle school graphic novel over the course of 2 days. Day 1 of reading this book, I felt like I was in another world. I didn't understand the slang. The plot seemed to carry over from a previous story I wasn't aware of. Everything felt like it was a big mess. Collects: Collects All-New, All-Different Avengers #1-6 & material from Avengers (2015) #0 & Free Comic Book Day 2015. Collects: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #23-28, Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man #1-3, and Ultimate Spider-Man #200 Don’t worry too much if you haven’t read the Ultimate Universe material, you can easily jump on with these comics.When Miles Morales was introduced in 2011, it was hard to dismiss him as simply a Spider-Man derivative. While he might have similar powers, the Afro-Latino teen had his own struggles and personality. As a result, he soon found his place in the Ultimate Universe and then later in the regular Marvel Universe. In recent years, Miles’ popularity has only increased thanks to his inclusion in the excellent Into the Spider-Verse movie and Playstation games. Written by Cody Ziglar, John Ridley, Anthony Piper, and Yehudi Mercado. Art by Paco Medina, Farid Karami, Edgar Salazar, and Luigi Zagaria.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment