276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fire and Blood: The inspiration for 2022’s highly anticipated HBO and Sky TV series HOUSE OF THE DRAGON from the internationally bestselling creator of ... GAME OF THRONES (A Song of Ice and Fire)

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This lavish visual history—featuring over 180 all-new illustrations—is a stunning introduction to House Targaryen, the iconic family at the heart of HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel series, House of the Dragon.

Together with the following four chapters previously referred to as The Boy King and His Regents. [14] Covering Lord Cregan Stark's time at King's Landing. A través de todas estas páginas quemadas y manchadas de sangre están las historias de todos los reyes y reinas, buenos y malos, locos y muertos hace ya mucho. Esta es la historia de una familia que cambió la historia tiñendola de sangre, lujuria y ambición. With all the fire and fury fans have come to expect from internationally bestselling author George R. R. Martin, this is the first volume of the definitive two-part history of the Targaryens in Westeros.At San Diego Comic Con 2018, Random House made a poster available featuring the Targaryen family tree that will appear in Fire & Blood. They additionally provided a signup link for their mailing list giving access to a PDF of the family tree. [16] While this version of the family tree contained several errors, [N 2] the family tree was later republished in a finalized version and released online as PDF, from which all errors were removed.

Segundo, es una saga que me gustaría tener en mi estantería pero está descatalogada, que hay cosas que por la serie ya sé, pero sé que muchas cosas no aparecen o personajes. Pero hace años que la vi. Ahora que empecé a leer en digital se me encendió la lamparita en la cabeza, y estoy leyendo "Canción de Hielo y Fuego". The thrilling history of the Targaryens comes to life in this masterly work by the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, the inspiration for HBO’s Game of Thrones. Traiciones, incesto, guerra y luchas políticas son moneda corriente en el mundo de Poniente y aquí asistiremos a la Primera Danza de Dragones, el conflicto entre dos facciones de la casa Targaryen donde participaron 21 dragones diferentes domados por personas de las casas Targaryen, Velaryon y una bastarda que por alguna razón misteriosa pudo domar a un dragón salvaje. I'm not going to call it a cash grab, but the stories are the same as the ones in Fire & Blood. I have heard some are even condensed. Coincido con muchos, enganchó y sin querer parar, que fascinante linaje. Vaya manera de escribir y de crear una pedazo historia como cualquiera de nuestro mundo y pasado.

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrap

The most significant additional contents here were the intricate expansion of Jaehaerys’s story and The Dance of the Dragons. The World Ice and Fire made me super interested in Jaehaerys, I feel like he was one of the extremely few kings in the history of Westeros who ruled with kindness and justice, and I'm glad to get the chance to read more of his rule. The Dance of the Dragons part in The World of Ice and Fire was too short to make me care, but here it was awesome to see the deaths of each dragon in detail. Although I think this was a good read, I will conclude that I can’t actually recommend this to anyone unless they’re extremely fanatics about A Song of Ice and Fire, dying to know every single tiny detail, and wouldn’t mind knowing about every stranger irrelevant to the main series. Just like the existence of this book, a lot of sections almost felt like filler. The parts that truly focused on the Targaryens were great, but irrelevancy aside, my problem with this book is that the history tends to focus its narrative for a long period of time on other non-Targaryen characters; which frankly speaking by tomorrow I’ll forget already because I simply don’t give a damn about them. Remember, there are close to zero emotions within the storytelling of this book; just like The World of Ice and Fire, this imaginary history is told entirely from the writing of an Archmaester. Wheatley’s artwork immensely helped during the boring parts for me, just the fact the next gorgeous artwork awaits me, I was able to push myself reading through the boredom. Pero hay que pararse a leer este libro y valorar lo que contiene y ha hecho. Escribir esto es muy difícil. Más difícil aún es lo que logra cuando lo leemos de buenas y si nos apasiona este mundo y sobretodo los Targaryen.

Endless lists of kings, queens, lords, minor lords, septons and many more, not trilling at all characters that are of no interest to nobody, even to their creator. And I surprised myself by writing these words because I honestly expected to write a review lamenting over the fact that we are still waiting for the sixth book in the series, and we will probably be waiting for a few more years to come. But instead I was enthralled by the richness of the history and the lore associated with the Targaryen dynasty.

Qué pasó durante la famosa Danza de los Dragones?, ¿Era peligroso acercarse a Valyria después de la Maldición? O ¿Cómo era Poniente cuando los dragones dominaban los cielos?. Previously called simply The Dying of the Dragons. [14] Six chapters on the great civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, ending with the murder of King Aegon II. An abridged version of 30,000 words was included in The Princess and the Queen, [5] which was published in the anthology Dangerous Women in 2013. With all the fire and fury fans have come to expect from internationally best-selling author George R.R. Martin, this is the first volume of the definitive two-part history of the Targaryens in Westeros. Fire and Blood is an amazing piece of work that does for the World of Ice and Fire what The Silmarillion did for Tolkien's Arda. It is an incredibly rich and detailed account of the lore of the world, the wars that were fought and the kings that ascended the throne, whether they were worthy of it, cruel or mad. Fire and Blood details, as the title suggests, the history of the Targaryen Kings; this first volume spans the time from the reign of Aegon the Conqueror to his sixth successor Aegon III, who sat the Iron Throne 130 years after Aegon the Dragon and his sisters first set foot on Westerosi soil.

The first half of the book is about Aegon I, Visenya and Rhaenys, telling their invasion of Westeros and how they conquered the Seven Kingdoms in four chapters. This part isn't new at all, it was already known from the World of Ice and Fire encyclopaedia. Queen Alysanne’s travels began in the city of White Harbor, where tens of thousands of northerners turned out to cheer her and gape at Silverwing with awe, and a bit of terror. It was the first time any of them had seen a dragon. The size of the crowds surprised even their lord. “I had not known there were so many smallfolk in the city,” Theomore Manderly is reported to have said. “Where did they all come from?” Greek Dragons(Drakon)- Cadmus fighting the Ismenian dragon (which guarded the sacred spring of Ares) is a legendary story from the Greek lore dating to before ca. 560–550 B.C. Greek dragons commonly had a role of protecting important objects or places. For example, the Colchian dragon watched the Golden Fleece and the Nemean dragon guarded the sacred groves of Zeus.[6] The name comes from the Greek "drakeîn" meaning "to see clearly".

First, Martin did not start as a prolific world-builder ala J.R.R. Tolkien. To the contrary, to quote Laura Miller’s 2011 New Yorker profile, “[he] sometimes fleshes out only as much of his imaginary world as he needs to make a workable setting for the story.” Indeed, he even copped to the fact that he only “invented seven words of High Valyrian.” (It is the HBO show, not the books, that created the languages you’ll find uttered in line at a comic con). The takeaway is that something in Martin changed since 2011, and the laser-focus on tight story lines and evolving characters has morphed into a self-indulgent wallow in minutiae. I assume this is related to the unrelentingly high expectations created by the global phenomenon of Game of Thrones, which is slowly crushing poor George in a golden vise. Lord Manderly entertained the queen lavishly. At the welcoming feast an entire aurochs was roasted, and his lordship’s daughter Jessamyn acted as the queen’s cupbearer, filling her tankard with a strong northern ale that Her Grace pronounced finer than any wine she had ever tasted. Manderly also staged a small tourney in the queen’s honor, to show the prowess of his knights. One of the fighters (though no knight) was revealed to be a woman, a wildling girl who had been captured by rangers north of the Wall and given to one of Lord Manderly’s household knights to foster. Delighted by the girl’s daring, Alysanne summoned her own sworn shield, Jonquil Darke, and the wildling and the Scarlet Shadow dueled spear against sword whilst the northmen roared in approval.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment