276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Skincare: The New Edit - The award-winning, no-nonsense guide with all new industry updates and recommendations for your skin

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I bought this book as I have had serious eczema on my face for a month or so. I have suffered from this condition all my life, but have developed ways of dealing with and it was never my face.

Skincare by Caroline Hirons | Waterstones Skincare by Caroline Hirons | Waterstones

Whether you are a skincare pro or overwhelmed by information, Skincare: The New Edit covers where to start, how to build a routine, ingredients to look for and things to avoid, whatever your age, skin concerns or budget. Caroline Hirons knows skin. An established industry expert and aesthetician, she knows what works, what doesn't, what you need and what you absolutely do not. can see why this is referred to as the Skincare Bible. Super helpful in breaking things down, describing and recommending products, layering products, where to spend your hard earned money in your routine and how to tailor the perfect routine based on your needs 👏🏽 The last chapter also briefly explain the most common ingredients, and how to read an ingredients label to avoid falling in marketing slogans. In the name of transparency, this is the only book on skin I've read. However, it feels complete and doesn't leave me wanting more. In fact, this is my second time reading the book. Skin changes. It's good to refresh and think about different solutions for new problems.

Caroline Hirons' Skincare is one of those rare books where the phrase "must-have" truly fits. If ever there was a book I thought everyone (and I honestly mean everyone) should read - it's this one. Essentially, if you have skin you need this book! There is a whole chapter about SPF, which is also re-inforced in previous and following chapters, like "always use a dedicated 30 or 50+ SPF, and don't forget to re-apply during the day". Along with new photography and product recommendations, the updated version of the original book has new sections on different skin colours, conditions and industry updates. I found particularly useful the mentions on how much product we should apply, as sometimes it's not too clear. Whether you're a beginner in the skincare world or a seasoned skincare nerd, this book will be a delight to read for everyone, regardless of their skincare knowledge. In her no-nonsense, approachable way, Caroline Hirons wrote a clear, concise, and most importantly, informative book about everything skincare. Skincare is a fascinating read, witty, but never patronising and it's easy to navigate.

Skincare: The New Edit – HarperCollins Publishers UK

I already read the older version of this book, so decided to get this updated one to see if there was anything important to keep an eye out for. I'm not disappointed, it's got a few new pointers and the book is good value. If you want to get serious about skincare, this book is a must. Caroline Hirons knows skin. An established industry expert and aesthetician, she knows what works, what doesn’t, what you need and what you absolutely do not. Being a woman of a certain age, most of my skincare contains age related active ingredients and those are not compatible with a serious flare up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment