276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Godkiller: The no. 1 SUNDAY TIMES bestseller and epic fantasy debut: Book 1 (The Fallen Gods Trilogy)

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A richly rendered world . . . Kaner writes action that's both fun and intelligible . . . If "The Last of Us" didn't slake your thirst for stories of a grizzled fighter taking a tough kid on the road, then Godkiller should be your jam.” — Charlie Jane Anders, The Washington Post

The representation in this one was mind blowing. There is lgbtq+ rep, but also mental health and disability rep. Which when you think about it? In a medieval like magic world with swords, surely a missing leg or a deaf character wouldn’t be totally unheard of, but I rarely see anybody attempting to give that rep to any MC. It’s filled with strong and angry women, who need nobody but who can still be vulnerable and loving when the time comes. Skediceth, the God of White Lies. Truth to be told, I found him irritating even though we barely had to read through his eyes. Still, he was an interesting character and was useful to the storyline so I’ll let him slide but I still would crush him like a bug if I had the chance.

Recent Comments

The other characters we follow through the course of the novel are Elogast, currently a baker but formerly the Prince’s most-trusted knight suffering from PTSD from his time in the war; Inara, a young noble’s daughter who spent her short life hidden away from prying eyes to a point where no one knows she exists; and Skedi, the hare-deer-bird God of White Lies who is mysteriously bound to her, and whose existence puts both their lives at incredible risk.

I can’t talk about endearing characters and not mention the adorable-ness of Inara (the young noble) and Skedi, the little god bound to her. The bond they share was a genuinely sweet highlight for the most part and I liked that (alongside Kissen and Elo) we also got to experience both of their POVs—though Skedi’s did surprise me a little! If you loved Lyra and Pan from Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series, then you’re most likely going to adore these two. Other than the MC, the other characters perspectives did not interest me much at all. As Inara is a younger girl, it is told from a younger perspective and I found it slightly irritating to read. However, I am curious about where her journey may go. People make gods, and, for better or worse, gods make people. We show each other for what we truly are. Yearning beings, desperate for love, power, safety” Pizzolo, Giberson and actresses Danielle Harris and Tiffany Shepis presented two exclusive preview clips of the Godkiller illustrated film at Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors in Los Angeles on April 18, 2009. [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] This is a very strong debut, offering compelling characters whose problems mount from the ordinary to the epic in the space of the novel. I enjoyed it, and I’ll definitely be looking out for the sequel.

New in Series

Moore, Debi. "Halo-8 Announces New Comic Book/Illustrated Film The Long Knives". Dread Central. April 7, 2010. Set in the future after an economic collapse, a nuclear holy war and an alien invasion, Godkiller: Walk Among Us follows orphan Tommy as he searches for a new heart for his ill sister, Lucy. Killing God With Matt Pizzolo - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors". Bleedingcool.com. 2012-07-30 . Retrieved 2013-12-30. Meanwhile, a former knight who had previously served in the king's court receives a visit from the king, who requests a final favor. As they meet, they don't trust each other at first, but over time, they realize they're stronger together. Despite their initial doubts, they all end up heading to the same place, each with their own reasons. Godkiller offers us four points of view on the narrative: Kissen, Skedi, Inara, and Elo. Kissen and Skedi are the most interesting and distinct from the beginning: Kissen in her cynicism and hard-won bitterness at the shape of the world and of her life, and Skedi as a shape-changing god who’s figuring out both his nature and the boundaries of his relationship with Inara and is pushing at the limit of both, sometimes in inappropriate ways. Inara is perhaps least-well defined, but she’s a twelve-year-old who’s growing up fast: there’s room for her to grow into, and Kaner writes her adolescent protagonist with sympathy and appreciation for teenage strength of will. Elo, meanwhile, is trying very hard to be a Good Friend and a good man, while struggling with the memories of his wartime experiences: he blames himself for the king’s injury, and carries a lot of guilt for leaving Arren, laying down his sword, and becoming a baker, but he’s having a difficult time figuring out how to be the kind of person he wants to be.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment