276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KELO-COTE Silicone Scar Gel, 15g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Scars are a natural part of life, and there’s nothing that says you can’t have a scar—or five. But some scars are more noticeable than others. If you have a mark on your skin and it bothers you, it makes sense to want to try one of the best scar creams to try to clear it up. PATIENT PREFERRED: Kelo-cote is self-drying, colorless, odorless, silky smooth, non-greasy and water resistant. Once dry, can be worn under makeup. Suitable for kids and those with sensitive skin. Works to diminish the appearance of hypertrophic scars.

On the other hand, Mederma Advanced Scar Gel is an excellent option for low risk scars like kitchen burns, minor cuts & scrapes, and small bruises.Some studies showed positive evidence, like the original clinical trial by Draelos et al. (2012) that was sponsored by Merz Pharmaceuticals (the parent company of Mederma).

Kelo-Cote is most effective on new or immature scars up to 2 years old. Right now there is no evidence on using Kelo-cote for older scars (over 2 years old). Is Silicone Gel Safe? That's because Sinclair Pharma Plc originally acquired the non-US distribution rights from Advanced Bio-Technologies in 2011, and a few years later, Alliance Pharma Plc acquired the healthcare business of Sinclair in 2015, including its Kelo-Cote distribution rights. EFFECTIVE SCAR PREVENTION: >80% of patients rated Kelo-cote's patented technology effectiveness as good/very good on a wide range of scars. Sepehrmanesh M, Komp Dermatologie 2006;1:30-32According to Alliance Pharma, the effectiveness of Kelo-Cote for scar management has been demonstrated in 10 clinical trials as well. My Verdict: Taking into account the key ingredients, clinical studies, and my own experience, I recommend Mederma Advanced Scar Gel for low risk scars as the medical evidence is mixed. Mederma may help minimize scars from minor injuries and accelerate the recovery process. A small study of 36 patients with scarring post-surgery were enrolled in a trial between 10 days to 3 weeks after their surgery was completed. They were asked to apply Kelo-Cote gel twice daily for three months. There was improvement in hyperpigmentation (skin darkening), vascularity (vein activity) and pliability (movement where scar is located) [1]. Kelo-Cote Spray, which is useful for hard to reach areas and larger wounds. As this is a spry you do not need to touch the wound. It is a 100ml spray for wounds up to 100cm. These professionally recommended silicone scar gel tubes come in 3 sizes designed to suit individual scar sizes and shapes. They can be used to treat both children and adults from the age of 3 months and when applied twice a day it not only improves the appearance of scars but also soothes and calms itchy, irritated skin caused by scarring. What is Kelo-Cote Scar Gel used for?

In any case, I personally didn't see a tremendous improvement in scar appearance, however, my hypertrophic scars and keloids are very mature (5+ years) and occur in high-risk areas like the presternum (upper chest) which are notoriously less responsive to topical treatments. AM | PM: Kelo-cote is effective 24 hours a day with twice daily application. Treatment duration will vary from person to person and from scar to scar. Individual results will vary. Recommended duration of treatment is 60-90 days. Silicone gel sheets have been used since the 1980’s to help with scarring. Self-drying silicone gel is relatively new on the market but is more convenient than the sheets (sheets are often difficult to use on certain areas like joints and required more maintenance) [1]. Silicone is considered one of the the first-line prophylactic and treatment option for hypertrophic scars and keloids [6]. There aren’t any large enough high quality studies done, but there is enough evidence for a lot of health care professionals to make recommendation to use silicone. Here are a few studies (if you’re interested!): Kelo-coteis topical fast drying silicone gel that is made to treat or prevent hypertorphic or keloid scars. It comes in the form of a gel, or aerosol that you apply directly on your skin in a thin layer and dries within a few minutes. Kelo-cote claims to flatten and soften scars and reduce discolouration if used for 2-3 months twice a day (this article takes a deep dive into the Kelo-Cote scar gel). One of the standout features of this gel is its versatility. It can be used on both new and old scars, making it a fantastic solution for anyone seeking to minimize the appearance of their imperfections. I have even noticed that it helps with redness and discoloration, further enhancing the overall skin tone.KELO-COTE® UV Scar Gel self-dries to a waterproof, gas permeable membrane that acts like an extra layer of skin. The silicone scar gels helps to soften, flatten and smooth the scars, while maintaining the moisture balance and elasticity of the adjacent skin. It has also been shown to reduce the discolouration and itching associated with scars. Fine-line scars: These pink or red lines are the result of a cut or an incision, and typically take up to 2 years to fade. Scar Gel has become my trusted ally in the battle against scars, and I am amazed by its transformative powers. Medhi, B. et al. (2013). Efficacy and safety of an advanced formula silicone gel for prevention of post-operative scars. Dermatol Ther, 3(2): 157-167.

According to the 2014 International Clinical Recommendations on Scar Management (Part 2), a highly influential research paper authored by the world's leading experts on scar treatment, there's conflicting evidence on the effectiveness of onion extract for scars. Kelo-Cote is effective at reducing the appearance of different types of scars that are less than 4 years old:

Before I provide you the answer, let me first tell you that I've personally used Mederma for 6+ months, reviewed the original clinical study in 2012 by Dr. Draelos, and consulted the medical literature on scar treatment. Adalyser sets this cookie to stores which advertising campaign drove a user to visit, stores traffic source and campaign data.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment