276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Death and Croissants: The most hilarious murder mystery since Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club (A Follet Valley Mystery)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s bonkers but fabulously entertaining, I most definitely recommend this read if you want a good laugh...I’m so looking forward to the next adventure in the Follet Valley.

I knew I was going to enjoy this debut mystery from the first line - "Is there anything in this world quite as joyless as muesli?" As he later says, it reminded him of "discarded bird silage". Any book that has me wanting to share lines and has me giggling and laughing out loud is going to earn five stars from me. Drag or copy the ebook to your Kindle's documents folder (in your file explorer look for a new device on the left called something like SDCARD. Inside SDCARD there should be a My Files or My Documents folder: drag or copy the file there) Richard remains a dazed passenger in the case until things become really Entertaining mystery with some charming and crazy characters that results in a lighthearted and amusing read.

Richard remains a dazed passenger in the case until things become really serious and someone murders Ava Gardner, one of his beloved hens ... and you don't mess with a fellow's hens! One day, however, one of his older guests disappears, leaving behind a bloody handprint on the wallpaper. Another guest, the exotic Valerie, persuades a reluctant Richard to join her in investigating the disappearance. And death and croissants gives us these characters with mad cap delight. There is something that is just best described as a frolic about this book.

He had seen hundreds of films where one man tails another, yet it was sadly, and very swiftly, clear to Richard that none of the finesse or techniques of such an enterprise had rubbed off on him.’ So Death and Croissants is the perfect crossover of the two foreign cultures I love and understand the most. From the Publisher I was reminded of an earthbound The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, as poor hapless Richard (Arthur Dent) is chivvied around by the glamorous, strong-willed Valerie (a mixture of Zaphod Beeblebrox and Trillian) and the dour, pessimistic Madame Tablier (clearly Marvin). Death and Croissants is a cozy mystery, with a protagonist whose ex-cinematography teacher, for whom IMDB.com is an insult. After he was made redundant at work, he and his wife moved to France to open the boutique hotel, but shortly after that his wife returned to England and he stayed, irked by his needy guest, but he has time to watch his favorite movies.Good food and a laugh-out-loud mystery. What more could anyone want in these dark times?” Mark Billingham Richard is a middle aged man living a quiet life in France. One day, one of his guest goes missing living a bloodied hand print behind and suddenly Richard find himself dragged along femme fatale Valérie who is determined to find out what happened. Richard is more of an outside viewer to the events taking place around him until one of his beloved hens is found dead. You don’t mess with a man’s hen. Death and croissants will take you on a ride with nudists, mafia, old man with a grudge, an other one with a price on his head and secrets. Richard is a middle-aged Englishman who runs a quiet B&B in the Loire Valley in France. His life is uneventful and that’s the way he likes it, until one day, his peace is interrupted by the disappearance of an elderly guest and the appearance of a bloody handprint on the wall. Another guest, the undeniable Valerie, persuades Richard to investigate the disappearance with her. When I got it in the mail, it definitely did not disappoint. Ian Moore’s Follet Valley mystery was my first book of 2022 and it definitely got me out of the inevitable New Year’s reading slump.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment