276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hi Gear Kalahari Elite 8, Individual Black Coded Fibreglass Tent Pole Run

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Erecting it is straightforward - we're no professionals (and not very tall either) and can put it up in about 45 minutes. Fantastic size (massive but without looking oversized) for our family of 2 adults, 2 children (aged 12 + 9) and dog

The four double bedrooms mean us grown ups get a room, the kids get a room each plus we have a 'dressing' room to keep our clothes in. On colder trips we take one of the internal dividing curtains down and all sleep in one big bedroomThis tent can also with stand the worst weather including wind. If people say theres has blown over they can not have putit up right, as ours stands strong whilst others are getting blown all over the shop

The tent did not let in a single drop of water and stood up to both the torrential rain and high winds without any issues at all. I really cant fault it for that. So far, it’s been great. I’m not an aficionado of tent quality so I can’t comment on that. Nor can I tell you if it’s going to last us very long – we’ve only taken it away twice so far this year. As others have mentioned there are no fixing points in the centre of the porch and this means that the material flaps around and lets wind in. It really does need those additoinal fixing points. Next season I may even put in a couple of eyelets and bands myself. If you have used this product please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, many thanks! The gap at the sides was not too big though, about 4 inches at the most, but flush at the top and bottom of the dome. It also directed most of the rain around the outside of the tent, rather than into the door area. We couldn't get the roof properly taught, again, possibly due to the angle of the tent we attached it to, so water did pool a little above us, but at no point did it leak.

What I can tell you is that it’s a great tent for a family of six. There are two bedrooms that can squeeze four people in each (or four rooms of two if you prefer). We extended our tent with the porch unit, which adds some good utility space but we haven't mastered putting it up properly yet. Perhaps we're just not tall enough.

We bought a Kalahari Elite 8 from Go Outdoors this year as an upgrade on our trusty Outwell Birdland 5. Mainly because as a family of six who aren’t getting any smaller, we needed more space.Putting it away was a bit tougher and the bugger still doesn't want to get in the bag as neatly as it came out the first time!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment