276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Darlings

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Selverton, the fictional town in which the story takes place, is based upon the real life village of Ashopton which was submerged to create the Ladybower Reservoir. [7] Plot [ edit ]

I decided I give it 3 stars. I enjoyed the whole book, I liked the atmosphere, I adored the elements UNTIL the end. It is a great book, the problem is with me and my oddly specific taste. I still highly recommend it to anyone who likes creepy plot, especially if you don't mind the open-ending. Melanie Golding has been employed in many occupations including farm hand, factory worker, childminder and music teacher. Throughout all this, because and in spite of it, there was always the writing. Destiny is also an interesting character. At just 11 years old she feels more like the parent and has to plead with her mother, Kate, to seek help for her deteriorating condition. It feels as though we are meant to pity Kate for working so hard and trying to connect Destiny with her father - and whilst it was certainly sad to read about her neglecting her own health and falling into a depression, any likeability for her character was destroyed by how frustrating it was to read about her hysterical obsession with Danny and the way in which she neglects Destiny because of it.I told you, that wasn't them," said Lauren, "whatever was in that stroller. They've been swapped. They're evil those things, they're not my babies." Claudia – Posh nanny of Sunset, Sweetie and Ace. Sunset is "the only one who really likes her". She buys Sunset a notebook to write all her songs in. In the beginning, none of the children are special friends with her. However, when their family's turmoil forces her to leave, she shows a lot of maturity and compassion, especially towards dear Sunset. Jacqueline is one of the nation’s favourite authors, and her books are loved and cherished by young readers not only in the UK but all over the world. She has sold millions of books and in the UK alone the total now stands at over 35 million!

Rich and satisfying, this is part who-done-it, part fairy tale, part psychological thriller… Will continue to rattle you, long after you have put it down.” Oh my goodness! This book rolled out as a truly creepy read that had me keeping several lights in the house shining bright as I huddled in the corner of my sofa, shaking while I read on. Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review! A new mother in England's Peak District faces a dire threat to her children from someone only she can see. Is she mentally ill, or are there darker forces at work in Golding's debut novel?

One day, at the park, Lauren’s babies disappear from her side and she faces with her biggest fear: because when they’re found, she realizes the babies she deliver not her babies! :Somebody kidnapped and replaced them.

Ace Kilman – Son of Suzy and Danny and Sunset's baby brother. He likes to dress up in a tiger costume and be called Tiger-man. Ace is a very innocent little boy and in this emotional time, he also turns to his beloved sister for support and care.

Lauren is understandably exhausted after giving birth to twins, but enough to imagine she saw a woman enter her hospital room and attempt to swap out her babies? Lauren insists someone is out to steal her twins, but the only person who is giving her the benefit of the doubt is Joanna Harper, the officer who responded to Lauren’s initial emergency call. How could her brain conjure something that seemed so real, something laden with so much horrifying detail, and yet there be nothing at all? Mother knows best” takes on a sinister new meaning in this unsettling thriller perfect for fans of Neil Gaiman, Grimms’ Fairy Tales, and Aimee Molloy's The Perfect Mother. And where did this go? Well, I am a bit twisted, more like a creeper who enjoys weird stories, but this is my nature now, I go to sleep just fine every night. After all, I am Romanian. We love our tales raw). As the story progresses, Lauren’s entire experience with motherhood is nothing but complete torture - enough to drive anyone over the edge. As if reading about someone being driven to the brink of insanity isn’t terrifying enough, add some supernatural, Grimms’ fairy-tale-esque elements to the story in the form of a creepy stalker who reeks of fish, leaves slithering silverfish in her wake and has twin eel-like creatures in a basket that can talk, and I wasn’t only anxiety-ridden, I was completely traumatized! (And also very, very grateful I can read about such dreadful misery and not actually live it.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment