276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Srixon New Z Star XV 7 - Dozen Premium Golf Balls - Tour Level - Performance - Urethane - 4 pieces - Premium Golf Accessories and Golf

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our Testing Process: Our goal is to help you find the right product. We spend a lot of time testing products so you don’t have to. Learn more about how we test. Srixon Golf Ball Comparison Golf Ball

The majority of golfers out there (myself included) just tee up whatever ball they found in the woods the round before. I always just thought all balls were pretty much the same, but that isn’t even close to being true. The ionomer material is employed to increase your ball speed, leading to a higher launch, longer carry, and further distance for you. I found that when I hit the Pro V1x with my driver, I gained 5 yards in carry and 4 yards in total over the Z Star XV. In this section, we detail the consistency of the Srixon Z-Star XV. Our consistency metrics measure how similar the balls in our sample were to one another relative to all of the models we’ve tested to date. Weight Consistency The XV is played by some of the longest hitters on professional Tours around the world, and this new generation features a reformulated inner core to add even more distance. I highly recommend that you visit your coach or local golf store to get fitted for a ball. They will get you set up on their launch monitor, which will analyze your ball’s performance on drives, long irons, and pitch shots.

In my opinion, most people won’t be able to tell much of a difference between the standard Q-Star and the Tour. They fly pretty similarly off the tee and it’s only a slight difference around the greens. Total compression consistency falls within the average range but, as with the Q-Star Tour, there is some nuance. What’s the compression of the Srixon Q-Star Tour? The Tour has a compression rating of 72, which is the same as the standard Q-Star. This makes the ball ideal for golfers with a swing speed between 75-95 MPH.

There was an average compression-point spread of approximately 9.5 across the entire sample. That pushed the Z-Star XV into the higher end of our average range. Another difference between the other two balls is that this one has the lowest ball flight. It’s not by a lot, but it should give you a bit more rollout, which will help you get a few extra yards. Swing speeds are an important factor while choosing your golf ball. If your swing speed is very high, you will need a golf ball of a higher compression rate. Which Srixon golf ball is the softest? The softest ball by Srixon is their Soft Feel model. This ball is designed for distance and forgiveness, which makes it ideal for high handicap golfers. Articles Up Next:

The best Srixon golf balls at a glance:

Ionomer and urethane are the most common materials used to construct the cover of a golf ball. Ionomer covers have a harder feeling and are used in the design of balls, built for distance. Adding the extra layer will help reduce the amount of driver spin as your swing speed increases. This should help with straighter shots and more fairways found. Many of you would have been for a club fitting when shopping for irons. This fitting helps you determine which clubs are best suited to your game by analyzing various data points. Shopping for balls is no different.

Srixon made a huge update in terms of their spinning technology. They have introduced a 4th Generation Spin Skin with Slide-Ring Material (SeRM) in their golf balls. As these are both Tour-level golf balls, they offer excellent yardages off the tee and in the long iron department. Featuring a FastLayer inner core that is soft in the center, but is firmer towards its edges, the Z-Star helps to improve ball speed and keep spin low. We were impressed with the distances this ball offered, especially considering its soft casing. If you were to look at the normal Z-Star, you would find Srixon's Spin Skin layer, which has also been incorporated to the XV. This layer is added to the thermoplastic urethane layer of the ball and is designed to help the ball bite into the grooves of your wedges to improve the amount of spin you're getting on the ball.

Father of Ryder Cup star sensationally claims his son was almost removed from team due to contractual dispute

Company number: 1394141; Registered office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6EA and H Bauer Publishing,

On the other hand, players with a very high swing speed require a golf ball such as the Srixon Z Star XV. It can create a swing speed up to 100+ mph. Spins You might be able to use these balls as a mid handicapper with a fast swing speed, but I don’t think you’d see enough benefit to justify the higher price. Starts soft in the centre and gradually becomes firm around its edge, giving high-speed players exceptional feel and plenty of ball speed for maximum distance. A newly formulated inner core adds resiliency for even more ball speed. On the contrary, the Z Star has a little bit of a less carry distance than the XV. Z Star has an average carry distance of 161 yards. Srixon Z Star Or Z Star XV: Which Golf Ball To choose? As we have seen with other balls in this review, urethane is used to give balls a soft feel and increase spin. I found the MTB-X to bite well on chip shots, which gave me the confidence to landing it close to the flag.Srixon Q-Star vs Q-Star Tour: Both Q-Star balls perform very similarly off the tee in terms of distance and ball flight. The main difference comes from the slightly softer feel and increased short game spin of the Q-Star Tour. Best Srixon Golf Ball For High Handicappers These balls are Srixon’s entry-level model, but just because that’s the case doesn’t mean they aren’t as good as the others. All it means is that they’re for a different type of golfer. They’re a great golf ball for average golfers, which is anyone who shoots above 90. Srixon’s serm cover contains flexible molecular bonds, created to extend and contract under pressure. The cover is crafted using urethane material, giving the ball a softer feel and enhances your spin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment