276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kick

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meski begitu, Budi tidak serta merta kehabisan akal, dengan kepolosannya dia mulai melancarkan aksinya.

At the end of the book, there is a scene which is entirely embroiled in crime and it ends in Budi surviving with his father (although his uncle sadly dies) and he ends up with millions of pounds in cash. A thread that constantly came back in this book was the lesson to follow your dreams and follow them no matter what difficulties lie ahead. Kisahnya sederhana, tapi rasanya tak adil saja kalau kubilang 'sederhana' tanpa embel-embel lainnya, karena memang tidak sesederhana yang dibayangkan, ada banyak bagian menarik, kesannya biasa tapi memiliki filosofi yang luarbiasa— sederhana tapi bermakna, aku sangat menyukai itu. For example, at one point in the book, we see Budi's favourite football player in quite a difficult situation in terms of scoring a penalty in unfortunate circumstances.

First, although a good novel for football fans, which also gives a honest insight into child labour, I wouldn't recommend this book for under 10 year old. One of his jobs is sewing, hence the sewn writing on the cover for the word KICK and the sewn thread design through the book at the opening of chapters. and then it becomes more a story of morals and making the right decisions in life as oppose to the easy decisions.

The writing style in this is, most of the time, quite plain: it is very compatible with children between the ages of 12-15 maybe and there is something in the writing style which reminded me a lot of how YA books are written, in general.Budi (the main character) continues to follow his dreams to be like his hero someday, even with a lot of trouble thrown in his path. The adjectives had me enthralled and at one point when the story was at it's peak, I felt as if I was really there. Konfliknya mulai terasa pada suatu sore ketika Budi berlatih bola— itu hanya karena dia tidak suka menyebutnya bermain, lebih bangga menyebutnya berlatih— di sepetak tanah kosong bersama teman-temannya.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment