276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sleepovers

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I've been on the edge of my seat the whole book. I got things wrong so many times, I just gave up trying to piece together the clues and enjoy the book. I have heard good things about Keri Beevis so I thank Boldwood books for a copy of her latest offering The sleepover. Daisy is afraid of having a sleepover party herself as she fears the girls, particularly Chloe, will be uncomfortable about her sister Lily. She tells her Dad about Chloe and he suggests not inviting her but her Mum insists it's only fair since Daisy went to Chloe's. Daisy's mum then said Chloe had automatically been invited after her mum phoned out of concern after the sleepover because Daisy didn't eat anything and then Daisy's mum told her she would be having a sleepover party herself. When Amy, Bella and Emily meet Lily they are very understanding and kind about her. Chloe is very gloomy and rude when they all play party games together with Daisy's Dad. The girls all sleep in a big tent in the garden and have a lot of fun. Chloe wakes Daisy in the middle of the night to take her to the loo. When they get upstairs, Lily, who is awake, wails loudly upon hearing them and scares Chloe, causing her to wet herself and she decides to return home that night. There are so many fantastic benefits in booking the ultimate family staycation at LEGOLAND ® Windsor Resort! The author does a killer job of creating riveting suspense and oh, so many twists, and red herrings, keeping you guessing until the end. She really dives deep into the mind of an evil monster. I enjoyed Hannah, Liam, and Josh's characters.

The Best Sleepover in the World (Hardback) - Waterstones

Izzy struggles with her son's burgeoning independence. She wants to keep him her little boy forever, and wants to protect him from all the people that may hurt him. She's a little one-dimensional in this regard.

Even though 20 years has passed, the girls still fear Eileen. Jill, Tasha and Lauren seem to have moved on from the awful events of that summer. But Rosie has never been the same. For that matter, neither has Hannah, who has built up walls of protection. Miles, Jill's brother had lost his life. It irks me when a title of a book doesn’t truly match the story - The Sleepover had me thinking there was a single event that took place that this story would be built around, it is not that way, and we are never really given the full picture but rather broken up pieces. This left me feeling very unsatisfied. The start is frenetic, the ending too, but the middle is delivered at a quite slower pace which did feel a little clunky. It also flits about in time a bit along the way, including quite a few reminiscences, some of which took a while to get to grips with. I also had a few queries with plot points along the way but all of these were explained to my satisfaction by the end of the book. The plot itself was intense and harrowing and included quite a few themes, including social media, peer pressure, bullying, and showed what a scary world our children have to grow up in these days. Chloe The main antagonist who is spoiled by her proud parents. She is a cruel, bossy bully who thinks she can have anything she wants. She takes a dislike to Daisy and constantly torments her, calling her "Daisy Diddums." When you arrive you’ll be greeted in our themed Resort Hotel by one of our festive VIP hosts who will ensure you get the very most out of your visit.

LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort VIP Christmas Experience | LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort

Liam is persistent, and soon Hannah's defenses slowly wear down, and she lets him in. His loveable dog Tank has helped. Can she trust him? As an English graduate and lifelong bookworm, becoming an author was always Samantha’s dream. This passion for storytelling led her first to a career in publishing, managing a commercial fiction imprint for a global publisher. After fifteen years, she abandoned office life in favour of working from home as a freelance editor for various publishers and literary agents. This book has a very familiar premise and it's a genre that has been done many times over...the missing child storyline has been done often. Educational and utterly engaging. Perfect for Key Stage 2 classes studying Ancient Egypt Scott Evans, the Reacher Teacher, wrote: I really enjoyed this. It was such a cute story about a little girl trying to make friends but worried about what they'll think of her older sister, who has learning difficulties. There's one really mean character that really riled me up and I'm glad for where the story went! I'm not sure why I gave this a 2 stars originally, but I'm bumping it up to a 3, to reflect this reading experience.Sleepovers is a book about 5 girls, Amy, Bella, Chloe, Daisy, and Emily each going to each other’s houses for sleepovers on their birthdays. Amy and Bella are best friends. Chloe and Emily are best friends while Emily is left out. Daisy is the new girl at school. It was Emily whom she first met. She wished she could be Emily’s best friend. Poor Daisy. At almost everybody’s sleepover, she had sleep on the floor or a sleeping bag except at Emily’s. Chloe purposely pushed Daisy when they went out to the park and she scratched her knee. Much better than some of her others, but I'm still not sure on her writing style. It is simple, but I think it might be too simple. The voices of the protagonists/narrators don't feel or sound genuine most of the time. Jacqueline is also a great reader, and has amassed over 20,000 books, along with her famous collection of silver rings. The Hixton five are: Hannah, Rosie, Jill, Tasha, and Lauren. Some have moved on, but Rosie and Hannah are still dealing with what happened. Speaking of which, what did happen? The author will keep you guessing for most of the book. Finding good books linked to the ancient civilizations is much harder than you think…This is a perfect read for Years 3 and 4 Emma Suffield wrote:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment