276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Truly, Darkly, Deeply: the gripping thriller with a shocking twist

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Utterly compelling. Twisted yet heartfelt. It's the stark portrayal of the complexities of familial love, and the slow burn of psychological authenticity that makes Truly Darkly Deeply such a thrilling read." - Ali Land I sighed too. I shared her sentiments but I also knew from experience that unsolved child homicide cases always remain open. Perhaps the Catlins’ appeal will produce fresh evidence, I thought. Though given the amount of time that had passed it was pretty unlikely. Sophie has been getting support from her sponsor as she prepares to visit her one time father figure in prison, for the first time. Why has the enigmatic 'Matty' been in prison for the last two decades. He's a convicted serial killer, but has always claimed that he was innocent. Duh duh duh! Contextually it’s very good too and you feel the paralysing fear that grips North London. I really like the way the author drip feeds little bombs of information and one or two are real jaw thunkers. The ending is a surprise but it most certainly works and helps to explain to some things you puzzle over.

Truly, Darkly, Deeply is beautifully written and moves at the pace of wildfire. It draws you into the dark world of serial murder without celebrating it. Victoria Selman is an exciting and powerfully fresh voice, and her new thriller is one you won't put down." - Patricia CornwellThe missing girl was last seen at around midnight on July 17. She told friends she was leaving because she’d ‘had enough’. They offered to go with her but she told them to stay and have fun. That she would be fine on her own. In the present and after Matty’s arrest Sophie talks about her guilt and again I think the ‘why’ is obvious but Selman does a good job with the reveal anyway. I didn’t even vaguely guess at the final twist and I’d need to re-read the entire book to reassure myself of its feasibility… but again, it’s Sophie’s story and the way Selman wraps this up makes a lot of sense.

A creepy, engrossing novel which plunges the dark depths of a serial killer and his crimes. But also a meditation on memory, culpability and acceptance that gives a much-needed voice to the unspoken victims of heinous crimes. And with a properly surprising ending * Araminta Hall, author of Perfect Strangers *

eBook Details

De gevoelens die Sophie dagelijks teisteren komen realistisch over. Je kunt je als lezer goed inleven in haar schuldgevoelens, maar haar woede én schaamte zijn ook zeer begrijpelijk. Victoria Selman heeft daarmee een personage gecreëerd die levensecht overkomt, wat welkom is in een verhaal dat je je bijna niet kunt voorstellen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment