276°
Posted 20 hours ago

1800 Tequila Anejo 100% Agave 70 cl

£15.3£30.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Generally speaking, Añejo tequilas tend to feel smoother on the palate, thanks to their one to three years spent in aging in oak barrels. If you are interested in Añejo Tequilas without additives, I have put together a list of recommendations for you to explore. Does it freeze?

It exceeded my expectations as I thought it would be mediocre considering it is part of the 1800 lineup. Koob GF. Director's Blog: Alcohol poses different challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. National Institutes of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Based on my experience, I suspect that this Tequila contains additives, which is not surprising as I believe that most, if not all, of Cuervo’s releases, are infused. LaBrie JW, Boyle S, Earle A, Almstedt HC. Heavy episodic drinking Is associated with poorer bone health in adolescent and young adult women. J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2018;79(3):391–398. doi:10.15288/jsad.2018.79.391

Winner of 2 spirit awards

The 1800 Reserva is a smooth Tequila, although a little high in proof for our money. It has a subtle oakyness and vanilla undertones. It is essential to ensure that you choose Tequila labeled as “100% agave” to guarantee the best quality. Añejo Tequila is a blend made from 100% blue agave and aged over a period of at least one year in small oak barrels. In our view, Jose Cuervo have produced the very best aged Tequila currently available, and we recommend this product.

I really liked the silver version of this spirit in a margarita, and I’ve liked other anejo-based margaritas (for example, El Jimador Anejo). In this case, though… not so much.Añejo works as a sipper, thanks to its pleasant caramel and vanilla notes that offer a satisfying drinking experience. My journey has seen me as an owner of sophisticated bars and renowned liquor shops, and even as a Mezcal distiller, honing the craft from scratch.

On the palate, it resembles Cognac, dominated by oak and nuanced with raisins, chocolate, caramel, and spice, with agave taking a subdued role. Bottled at 80 proof (40% ABV)in the United States, Canada, UK, Europe, and Australia but at a mere 76 proof (38% ABV) in Mexico. Tequila Reserva 1800 Silver ‘Anejo’ Tequilana Silvera is a fantastic example of a superb Tequila. It is a very smooth creamy Tequila with a full, lingering finish and subtle proof that makes it perfect to sip! It would take some time for the Cuervo family to embrace their distilling calling, but by 1880 the family had started commercially producing their spirits for sale. Known originally as “mezcal de Tequila” (mezcal from the town of Tequila), the Mexican government eventually — after much lobbying — allowed them to designate their spirits as a unique appellation known simply as “tequila.” The very first bottle of Jose Cuervo Tequila rolled off the line in 1906 and a massive new category of distilled spirits was born. Silver is an affordable option with tasting notes that complement the flavors found in a Margarita.In 1758, Don José Antonio de Cuervo was granted a plot of land in the (soon to be Mexican) town of Tequila. Here, he would build a farm with his family where they would cultivate the blue agave plant that was native to the area and, in 1795, the family distilled and produced their first bottle of mezcal (side note for those who don’t quite understand the differentiation: scotch is to whiskey as tequila is to mezcal). The 1800 Tequila brand was formed as a subset of Jose Cuervo in 1975. Produced at the same facility and using the same materials as the famous Jose Cuervo tequila, this brand was designed to produce a superior sipping spirit for the higher end market. The 1800 date comes from the first year when oak barrels were first used to age tequila. Product U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. 2020–2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Ninth Edition. I’m J Highland, and for over 30 years, I’ve been deeply immersed in the captivating world of Tequila, Mezcal, and other agave spirits. In terms of aging, the four main types of tequila are Blanco (0-59 days), Reposado (60+ days), Añejo (1-3 years), and Extra Añejo (3+ years). Blanco tequilas do not spend time aging in oak, whereas the other three categories do.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment