276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hating Game: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ll never be able to untangle myself from this feeling. The color of love is surely this robin’s-egg blue.” The Hating Game is bursting at the seams with love (and hate) and heart‘ Christina Lauren, New York Times bestselling author of The Unhoneymooners

To be honest, the audiobook isn’t all that great. The narrator doesn’t vocalize Lucy and Josh’s voices distinctly that sometimes it was lost on me who was speaking what. However, I also think I wouldn’t have gotten this emotional over this book had I just read it conventionally. Anyhow, I still consider this one of my best audiobook experiences. I LOVE big, tall, grouchy, intimidating, perceptive, neat freak, and smart as a whip JOSH. He’s almost never nice, but who wants nice anyway? (LOL I’m going to get trolled over this. But no ladies, please find yourself a nice guy.) Anyway, it doesn’t matter bcs his heart is in the right place. He’s misunderstood and a little shy. He’s actually a giant softie.

Hobbies

in: “I’ve been trying to drag you down with me. In the worst, most ill-conceived and socially retarded way possible.”

Por fin leí uno de los libros que más hype tiene en el mundo lector! ¡Y no me decepcionó! De hecho, amé The Hating Game. Fue ese romance de enemies to lovers gracioso y sin muchas pretensiones que necesitaba en mi vida. And now, Josh, you’re telling me you didn’t get a proper date when you could have denied the sex and maybe, I don’t know, asked for a date instead, Or Something???????? Did I miss something?? More bizarre quotes: "His sweat smells like rainwater and cedar, leaving a faint rosemary-pine tingle in my nostrils." Wow I didn't know sweat smelled like rainwater and apples and rainbows and flowers and Lucy is always smelling Josh 24/7. This reminded to SJM books *cough* you all know how she loves to say how male someone is or how male this situations is lmao and include scents to every single male character that appears in those books. So I believe The Hating Game has that kind of writing in mind. Re-read 10/31/17: Was feeling a little gloomy so I decided to re-read this book for the 4th time this year and, again, it did NOT disappoint. This book is my everything. I can’t. Koehler, Mimi (January 2, 2022). "Movie Review: The Hating Game". The Nerd Daily . Retrieved January 3, 2022.I was torn between the two, but this is indeed a pretty accurate explanation of what was ratting in my head during this book. In short: JOSH AND LUCY WERE AMAZING and I even liked the sub-plot! XD I mean I couldn’t help but wonder why Josh was the way he was with his family but when I finally found out it all made sense! Poor Joshua! I wanted to hug and cuddle him! Okay, maybe I also wanted to touch his sexy muscles, but hey I’m just a girl! He sounded way too delicious to pass on such an opportunity. ;-P

At any rate, I ran across this in my ongoing quest to find funny romances that make my heart go pitty-pat.The lengths that they went to just to make sure that they managed to get under the other's skin and crawl around on a daily basis? Perfection! By the end, there was no real reason for it other than stubborn pride, but did they let that stop them? What did I love about The Hating Game? Everything. I loved everything about this book. There is nothing better than finishing a book by an author you’ve never read and having this flying high feeling. I feel freaking giddy right now. I listened to the audio and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I got asked why I was in such a good mood more than once over the few days I listened to it. That, my friends, is an epic book! Anyway, I'm not sure what to say about this that hasn't already been said. If you're looking for a fantastic romance novel that will keep you smiling throughout, this is the book for you. And because I don’t want to spoil anything I’ll write my thoughts about the ending in a spoiler tag. Believe me it’s best for you. ;-P At least if you still want to read the book. Well, anyway: But the thing that made this one special (to me) was that the story and the characters felt complete. They had families, hobbies, and issues that were separate from this thing that was growing between them. And this may sound odd, but my favorite thing about this book was the fact that Joshua was obsessive about diet and exercise. He was ripped because *gasp* he worked really hard at it on a daily basis. So many books/movies make it seem like the guy just has magical washboard abs that ripple in the sunlight, while he chows down on a fatty steak and washes it down with a milkshake.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment