276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Savic Hamster Plaza Hamster House 100 x 50 x 50 cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well ventilated – the wire spacing of the upper section of this cage allows for good ventilation, which helps to keep your hamster healthy. Alaska hamster cage: The most common type of hamster cage, also known as a wire-top cage often has a plastic base with a wire mesh top which makes it easy to fix water feeders and toys to the sides. They can come in varying sizes and provide lots of space for your pet. We get her out everyday in the evening so she’s not short on attention. She is well cared for & very much loved.

This is a review of the Savic Plaza 120 Hamster cage. Also called the Savic Plaza XL. Also below is a "setting up" video. The screens allow you to have a much clearer view of your hamster in their enclosure, and also allow for much better photographs with no bars in the way. Combined with teh bolt-on screens these screens also allow you to create areas of very deep bedding and reduce the chance of bar climbing and bar biting. Will These Screens Work For You ? As it's a cage upgrade, rather than preparing for a new hamster, I'll need to do the changeover and set up in one day. Mainly because I don't have room to have both cages set up at the same time! So at the moment it's just preparation for a set up day some time over the next week. ie waiting for the new shelf mainly. I already have quite a few items to use in the cage. I managed to obtain a Savic Plaza 120 cage which arrived the other day. The box was so big it had to stay in the porch until I could find somewhere to put it. I'll do a proper review later, but for now I can just describe it as a bigger Savic Plaza 100!

Will These Screens Work For You ?

Because the cage is so deep I could actually get quite a bit of my upper body through the front door! To arrange things inside the cage. The extra depth makes it a lot easier. Whether you are just about to get your first hammie and you are trying to find the best home for them or you are an experienced owner looking to upgrade from an existing cage, we know that it can be really tough choosing one. We understand that there are a lot of options available, so we have taken a look across the range of cages that are on sale and one of our favourites is the Savic Hamster Plaza. Best features of the Savic Hamster Plaza

Bedding panels can be attached to the bars to stop bedding falling out, or to have deeper bedding, or to reduce the height of the cage (eg cardboard or Perspex). If using something like Perspex ones that bolt on, it would be easier to attach those before adding any substrate. As I found the hard way! I dropped a screw and it took me about twenty minutes to find it – it’s amazing how they can just disappear. I had to take a load of bedding out again to find it. And then the same thing happened again with a wing nut!At the moment I have the base out of the box. It's clearly a deeper base, but surprisingly doesn't seem quite so enormous as I imagined. I plan to keep his layout the same as now, with the same items, but there will be more space so may add a couple more shelves and some more floor items. I actually have perspex panels already - to fit the 100cm cage so intend to use those (even though there will be the odd gap). Once the screens have been fitted the top of the enclosure will require two people to lift it off. This is because with the screens fitted the top of the enclosure is quite heavy, and also because you need to support the acrylic screens while you are lifting the top off or they will tend to slip out of the bottom of the framework. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SAVIC PLAZA ENCLOSURE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS LISTING, JUST THE REPLACEMENT SCREENS *** Fitting Glass hamster cage: Also known as aquarium cages, a glass cage can be a fun option if you want to see what your pet is doing. They can be heavy to handle and a more costly option. What to read next: Chinese hamsters: Most recognisable for their striped fur, Chinese hamsters are good-natured and mostly nocturnal.

When it comes to the cage and its contents, it needs to have a dark nesting box shelter and a quiet, private place to hide - the more choice, the better, because hamsters are timid creatures and can easily be spooked. There are a lot of things that we love about this cage, but these are a few of the biggest benefits; There is a lot of scope for setting up, due to the size and it’s easy to fit quite a few large items in – like large shelves or houses, and other large items like cork logs and other large logs. And still have plenty of floorspace.I would advise caution with the detolf because lots of people have found their Syrians were quite unhappy in it. It was popularised at a time when we didn't know as much about what hamsters need, but now we know that they need a good few inches of bedding for burrowing, which the detolf just can't provide in addition to a wheel and some tallish toys. It's just too low. It's also too narrow. Syrians don't like living in a narrow cage, it feels too restrictive. It's always better to judge a cage by its dimensions, not by how many square inches of floor space it has.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment