276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Our Story: from the Sunday Times bestselling author comes a must read slow burn, friends to lovers romance fiction book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Under the suspicion of murder, the remaining boys are forced to leave their cushy prep school and head off to the local public school! Despite being twins Ron and Reg have two distinct personalities, you can hear and feel the change when each brother takes his turn to write a piece of the story. Reg is quite pretentious and self-assured in the sense he seems to think he and Ron were wrongly arrested (the police cheated and his mates betrayed him) despite their string of crimes and felt their prison sentences were cruelly long. However when put into context they received longer sentences than Dennis Nielson who killed a lot more men in his time than the Krays so it does seem from that point of view they were made an example of. Ron is more apologetic in the sense he felt he got his brother into trouble "when i started getting into bother with the law, Reg was bound to follow me, he had no choice. It was like the law of nature." But Ron also admits that from an early age he had a thing about guys and was likely even keen to kill someone. Towards the end of the book there seems to be some childlike qualities to his personalities. They both definitely think all their actions were justified and despite their insistence that they only hurt the villains I'm sure a lot of innocent people got hurt along the way. I did however feel some sympathy with them reading about their time in prison, watching men who had commited similar or worse times being released when there was no chance of parole or leniency for them because of their name. The characters are layered and complex and so, so real. I loved all the real complications and struggles that these characters had to wade through. I loved that nothing felt contrived or like it was just a set up for the story, and I loved that Elston weaved in some pretty serious issues that are happening in real life to help make her point about consequences. Ron and Reg Our Story allows the reader to feel part of an interview that is taking place between the author and the interviewees. It is a style of writing that works very well and presents the coherent facts in an easy to understand and intelligent manner. It gives a good insight into gangland in 60’s London and asks important questions about our judicial system. Honestly, I could go on and on about this book. The bottom line is: YOU NEED TO GET THIS BOOK ASAP AND READ IT. I will warn you that you need to have an entire free night to read This Is Our Story because I guarantee you will not be able to put it down. This is definitely going to be one of my favorite books of the year. READ IT, PLEASE BECAUSE I AM STILL NOT OVER THIS BOOK AND I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT.

Books and Gifts Customized Books and Gifts

An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

The Krays have a VICIOUS and VERY STRONG legacy behind them that's either interpreted as crooks of East End London that took what they wanted yet never hurt an innocent and made an entire area safer or vicious bastards that were out of control and are now so revered that no one will speak up about who they REALLY were. A compelling account which follows the lives of the Kray twins, Ronald and Reginald, from their childhood, to their peak, and, ultimately, to their downfall. With information attained by Fred Dinenage from interviews that took place behind prison bars with the twins, the book is to serve as a way for Reg and Ron to set the record straight once and for all by dispelling myths and correcting inaccuracies surrounding their lives, which were documented so poorly before now.

Our Story - ŐSZI AKCIÓ! Our Story - ŐSZI AKCIÓ!

The Kray twins were convicted of murder in 1969 and sentenced to a minimum of 30 years They believed that their life sentence was unjust and that after many years in custody they had fulfilled their duty to society and in their own words...”Ron and I killed one man each. Both of the men we killed were violent men, gangsters, One by his own admission, had already killed another man. The other had shot and wounded at least one man and would almost certainly have killed another- given the time and the chance he would have killed me. For that we have spent more than twenty years in captivity, often treated worse than wild animals.” Lise son sınıf öğrencisi olan ve bir şekilde konunun içine giren Kate, en sevdiğim karakter oldu. Adaletin yerini bulması için uğraşması, yardımcı olmaya çalışırken acemice hatalar yaparak kendini zor duruma sokması, 100 sayfa sonra birlikte yaşadığımız şaşkınlık ve sonrasında kendini hemen toplayabilmesi çok güzel anlatılmıştı. Fotoğrafa olan ilgisini, en ufak detayı bile atlamamasını, kimsenin önemsemeyeceği şeylerin üstüne gidip didiklemesini kendime çok yakın buldum. Vizörden bakarak bir çok duyguya tanık olmanın ve o duyguları fotoğraf karesinde saklamanın zevkini Kate’le birlikte tekrar hatırladım. Özellikle sonlara doğru ben Kate’ten daha çok heyecan yaptım, yerimde duramadım. Bazı şeyler öğrendiğinde de kendisiyle, inancıyla, azmiyle gurur duydum. It might be worth noting that Ashley is one of my friends, so there was that extra pressure that comes with reading a friend's book: you know the author, so you feel like you have to like the book. There's almost so much forcing you to like the book that you can't. So let me tell you about my reading experience with This Is Our Story. I read it in one sitting, starting it at 8:38 p.m. and finishing it five hours later at 1:43 a.m. (Wow, Rachel, way to be specific.) Those two things rarely happen: me reading a book in one sitting, and me reading a book so fast. I'll be honest: I devoured it. That's because this book was that good. Everything it has going for it? Goes for it. Soruşturmayı yürüten dedektifin, şüpheli oğlanların gittiği lisenin müdür yardımcısıyla yaptığı görüşme) I was worried about this book. Sure, it had a lot of things going for it: a synopsis that called to me (thrills, mystery, suspense, and murder, oh my!), a cover with antlers on it (I love antlers), and, most importantly, it's by Ashley Elston. I've been a fan of Ashley's since reading her debut The Rules for Disappearing over three years ago (and staying up way, way too late reading it, I might add), and I've been waiting for more of her words to eat up. So This Is Our Story came along, Ashley sent me an ARC (I'm the official unofficial co-captain of her fan club), and I couldn't help but be a bit worried: with all the book had going for it--and all I hoped to glean from it--what if I didn't love it?It did take me a little while to find myself immersed in this love story which I thought didn’t really take off until the arrival of Fraser, the cat set amongst the pigeons. Also there is a huge emphasis on the script writing process which I think is to the detriment of exploring Otty and Joe’s romance. Being holed up in a room for hours on end, hoping for the creative juices to flow sounds like jolly hard work and I think the author has managed to convey all the highs and lows and tedium of this world in fine detail. I could visualise the script writing team bouncing off the walls with the amount of coffee they all drink!! The unique way this story is told. Not only are we getting the story from Kate’s perspective, but we get to read along to video interrogation of those who were at the party the night before the incident, text messages, and of course the words of the person who committed this crime. It’s such a great way to learn about everything that led up to the incident and it’s told in so many different perspectives so you don’t actually know what exactly is true or what’s been influenced by the person’s perception! The relationships between the River Point boys are nowhere as complex as some of the friendship-based thrillers I've read recently. I would describe them as tip-of-the-iceberg, with only base traits attached to each boy. Our protagonist, Kate Marino, is a high school senior, an avid photographer and an intern at the local DA's office.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment