276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Huguenot Chronicles: Books 1 - 3: A historical fiction trilogy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thank you Mr. Paul Monk for your hours of research in bringing this very important time in our world history to light. I am proud to be the ancestor of the Huguenots. A must-read for fans of Ken Follett, Kate Mosse, Edward Rutherfurd, and Olive Collins, this trilogy transcends mere historical recounting. For some, it's a journey into their Huguenot heritage; for others, it's a universal tale of love, sacrifice, and resilience.

The Huguenot Chronicles (3 book series) Kindle edition The Huguenot Chronicles (3 book series) Kindle edition

I was always interested in learning about the Huguenots, especially their mistreatment and expulsion from their native France. I had no idea it also included stripping them of their political rights, then their property, then imprisonment and potentially execution. This done at the behest of the Sun King, Louis XIV. History reminds us of the horrific aspects of power and money in the name of religion and the justifications for war. It’s a sad commentary about our ancestors, which we have inherited today, and maybe, just maybe, it will teach us to learn from history and not allow it to repeat these bloody errors of judgment in our lifetime and that of future generations.

I found the books compelling, my ancestors were Huguenots and weavers who came from France to London" Part of my ancestry is French Huguenot. Eventually some of the family migrated to the U.S. I found the story to be very compelling and a great read." ★★★★★ I found the books compelling, my ancestors were Huguenots and weavers who came from France to London" ★★★★★ We exchanged on a number of themes and topics throughout the hour but first of all, Fr. James DiLuzio asked if I had a question for them. So I asked how they as Catholics felt about the book. There were a few who were dubious before reading it. But I was relieved to find that the book—although it might make some readers think about the role of the Catholic Church during its long history—was not perceived as anti-Catholic at all.

The Huguenot Chronicles Trilogy – Paul C. R. Monk The Huguenot Chronicles Trilogy – Paul C. R. Monk

As Jacob becomes an indentured servant in America and Jeanne earns a meager living in Switzerland, a sudden disruption in European politics leaves their chance of a bittersweet homecoming more doubtful than ever… I found the books compelling, my ancestors were Huguenots and weavers who came from France to London"★★★★★ Another quibble I have is with character development. The protagonists are drawn very well. The antagonists not so much. The Huguenot family, especially the parents, are portrayed as so noble yet quite humble, so brave, so *good* they almost make one's teeth hurt, as my mother used to say. There is nary a hint of any waywardness that is the lot of all men, derived from the "total depravity", the "sin nature", that we are all born with. As my mother also was wont to say, these folks wouldn't say "shit" if they stepped in it. The closest thing to a fault was that the mother had a bit of a temper that occasionally escaped. A little more of this kind of thing, spread around, would have made these people a little more "real", so to speak.

Some military action, quite a few periods of danger and tribulation for this family of staunch French Huguenot Protestants that refuse to deny their faith for the sake of retaining wealth and property, and even possibly their very lives.

The Huguenot Chronicles Trilogy by Paul C R Monk - Waterstones The Huguenot Chronicles Trilogy by Paul C R Monk - Waterstones

If Jeanne and Jacob can’t find a way to evade the soldiers’ clutches, their family will face a fate worse than poverty and imprisonment. They may never see each other again… France, 1685. Louis XIV has brazenly revoked his grandfather Henry IV’s treaty, which had granted Protestants substantial residential and religious rights. Now the King is determined to unite the nation in one Church – by force, if necessary. A period of persecution of Huguenots commences. You’ll adore this brilliantly researched historical saga because everyone loves heart-warming tales of family loyalty and a fight for survival against the odds. I enjoyed the story with its buccaneers, NY stories, and Switzerland & Germany travels during the time of Louis XIV and beginning of William of Orange’s reign (1688). Based on true events, this dramatic trilogy is both an extremely well-researched, sobering history lesson and a vivid study of the character and motives of sincere believers encountering the brutal realities of a world ravaged by religious fanaticism and callous profiteering.Their daughters are torn away from them and forced to live in a Roman Catholic school setting that would brook no Protestant nonsense. A family torn apart. A king with an iron fist. Will their love, faith, and loyalty be strong enough to help them survive war, persecution and a cruel separation?

The Huguenot Connection Trilogy: Books 1 - 3: Includes The Huguenot Connection Trilogy: Books 1 - 3: Includes

Starting to comment on the history narrated in the book. Being brought up as. Catholic, I have been completely ignorant of the history of Protestantism. The ordeal of the members of the Church founded by Calvin in the 1500 in Geneva. They were persecuted and forced to abjure of their beliefs or loose all their possessions and family. The chronicle of their faith reminded me of the first Christians hiding in catacombs to worship, and tortured because of their faith. Very refreshing and uplifting. Special Bundle Offer :Secure all three captivating tales of this beloved trilogy for the price of 2!

Will the wealthy Delpech family recant their faith and convert to Catholicism? Never! But their attempts at evading the brutal dragoons fail. Banished as a slave, Jacob endures a perilous transatlantic crossing, ending in the sugar plantations of the Caribbean. Jeanne sees no alternative than to entrust her sister with the care of eleven-year-old Elizabeth, Paul, seven, two-year-old Louise and baby Isabelle, and risk the dangerous journey to Geneva and safety.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment