276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mage's Blood (Moontide Quartet)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our homes – our belongings – our art, and worse: they have purchased our sons and daughters, our Blood!

This means an author can focus on the story and characters, and as a result, the pace of a book can more quickly engage the reader.The different story line all touch each other and yet their collisions will be in the future books of the series. Robert Musillo from USA The Moontide Quartet is actually one of my favorite fantasy reads of all time. Then the cultures described have been in isolation one from another for untold centuries before the gnosis and the airships when the appearance of magic in the world allowed the West to get to the East so to speak - that would be a third flaw in a way, why not do it the other way, with the East getting the magic and getting to the West first - and I just cannot believe the unitary nature of the cultures as despite surface differences there is a fundamental similarity between the Western, Islamic and Indian cultures in our world and in the world of the novel. So, long story short, if you're looking for something totally new, Mage's Blood won't be the book you're looking for, but if you like familiar tropes, characters and places that are done really well in addition to a solid plot with interesting twists, then I can recommend this book whole-heartedly.

I got to the point where I would do anything instead of picking up the book to read another chapter (I think I finished ten other novels while I read this one).The first half of Mage’s Blood challenged my patience, but the pay-off—and hopefully the rest of the series—in the second half was bloody rewarding.

Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! The bridge would appear every 10 years with the Moontide and was initially designed to promote trade, communication, and understanding between the two vastly different cultures.Each person has an important role to play though, and this was made clear by the climax and the ending, which is in a word incredible. The story is told from the viewpoint of three main protagonists and several other key characters, all are excellent but it is the detail and depth of the story that captures the imagination. I know I sound bitter, and I would like to apologize to the many true fans of these books, but they truly missed the mark in my case. There’s much more I could cover as I try to explain this book, there are so many great details of character, setting, and story–unfortunately there isn’t enough room here.

What I liked the most about Mr Hair’s way of weaving the tale is that halfway through the book the intrigue becomes apparent and by chapter 31 I was able to spell the disaster(s) out very clearly (in caps-lock, really).David Hair is the author of The Bone Tiki, winner of Best First Novel (Young Adult Fiction section) at the 2010 NZ Post Children's Book Awards. The bridge opens for two years, every 12 years due to the tides - we learn more details later from Meiros himself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment