276°
Posted 20 hours ago

QED XT40i Reference High Quality Speaker Cable with X-Tube Technology (Per Metre Unterminated)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Acquired them all at different times (and setups) over the years. I'm in the process of trying to decide which one of the three to keep at the moment as I have downsized to just one simple system now. And it seems wasteful to have so much spare kit lying around. They each give a different sound. A very perceptible difference in sonic characteristics. AB31, AB32, AB33, AB34, AB35, AB36, AB37, AB38, AB41, AB42, AB43, AB44, AB45, AB46, AB47, AB48, AB49, AB50, AB51, AB52, AB53, AB54, AB55, AB56 The ultimate outcome of conditioning cables with the Nordost VIDAR is improved sound staging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation in your audio system. Deliveries outside of the EU are not subject to 20% VAT and so the 20% tax on items is automatically deducted when you login or register.

CA1, CA2, CA3, CA4, CA5, CA6, CA7, CA8, CA9, CA10, CA11, CA12, CA13, CA14, CA15, CA16, CA17, CA18, CA19, CA20, CA21, CA22, CA23, CA24, CA25, CA26, CA27, CA28. The XT40i benefits from QED's innovative new Air Gap dielectric technology as an upgrade on the old XT40, resulting in a much-enhanced performance for an already reputable cable. Expect clear articulation accompanied by strong mid-end and bass, resulting in a smooth, warm, detailed sound. Signal Transmission: The burn-in process establishes the directionality of the cable, optimizing signal transmission from one end to the other.Availability: Future Shop provides our cable burn-in service free of charge, but its availability is at our discretion. While we strive to fulfil all burn-in requests for the specified time periods, please understand that during exceptionally busy periods, we may be unable to meet the demand due to limited connections on the Nordost Vidar cable conditioning machines. The effect of this is to reduce the actual cross sectional area of the cable at 15kHz to less than 75% of that at low frequencies. This results in higher distortion and compromises the performance of the cable. Even my wife, who usually looks upon my hifi interest with a gaze that ranges from rolled eyes "there there, dear" amused bafflement to downright annoyance has agreed that there is an effect. Hifiman2007 said:As I said I do think analogue cables can sound different. However sometimes different is not better. Monster cables for instance have gone virtually bust because it was made clear that they sold overpriced cables that made no difference ....hifi magazines claimed they did and regularly reviewed as such. Obviously sold advertising space. So I think what hifi and other reviewers have a duty to make it clear they prefer the sound of the cable and not blindly say "it is better" I just wish they would take blind tests without knowing price ,brand, of item that would be more realistic and accurate. Anyone would be influenced by knowing price or brand first. Triple magnet screening and 24K gold plugs makes our Performance USB A-Mini B the best in its class.

At Peter Tyson we pride ourselves on prompt, efficient delivery. Please note that the daily cut off time for all next day delivery services is 3pm. Cor, it’s been a few years since I initially reviewed QED’s XT40 speaker cables. Time does fly. So I was intrigued to see that QED has updated the design and added one of those essential ‘i’ appellations to the name of the Reference XT40i cables. Where would we be without those letter ‘i’ additions, eh? When cables are properly burnt in, you can expect the following audible changes in your audio system:

XT40i

QED's AIRLOC termination method represents the ultimate solution for connecting loudspeakers with QED speaker cables. It eliminates the need for soldering and instead creates an airtight fusion between the cable and plug, guaranteeing optimal signal transfer, pristine audio quality, and consistent performance over time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment