276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amplified Study Bible, Hardcover

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Adhering, trusting, and relying are not ideas hidden in pisteuo (πιστεύω) but concealed by the ESV, NASB, NIV, CSB, etc.

Amplified Bible? And How to Use (and Not Use) It What Is the Amplified Bible? And How to Use (and Not Use) It

I’m saying what respected evangelical linguist Moisés Silva says (quoting another scholar): “The best meaning is the least meaning. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live.I don’t think the question can be answered definitively until we know even as also we are known (1 Cor 13:12). For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Amplified Bible Classic Edition - KCM Europe Amplified Bible Classic Edition - KCM Europe

In Exodus 4:19 the Lord tells Moses to go to Egypt and gives directions, but in verse 24 I read that the Lord “sought to kill him. The eyes of all wait for You [looking, watching, and expecting] and You give them their food in due season.We have partnered with the publisher of the Amplified Bible to put the Amplified Bible®, Classic Edition back into print! The Amplified® Bible is known to its readers for delivering enhanced understanding of the rich nuances and shades of meaning of the original Bible languages. Its purpose is to reveal, together with the single English word equivalent to each key Hebrew and Greek word, any other clarifying meanings that may be concealed by the traditional translation method.

Amplified Bible - Apps on Google Play Amplified Bible - Apps on Google Play

Therefore the Amplified’s preface is loading up Greek and Hebrew words with more meaning than they are meant to bear. But now, after years of studying and compulsively thinking about language—particularly Greek, Hebrew, and English, and their relationship in Bible translation—I’m afraid the red flags wave madly when I read the Amplified Bible’s explanation of itself. The Amplified Bible’s] genius lies in its rigorous attempt to go beyond the traditional “word-for-word” concept of translation to bring out the richness of the Hebrew and Greek languages.Silva recommends that Bible interpreters (here he again quotes another scholar) define a word “in such fashion as to make it contribute least to the total message derivable from the passage where it is at home.

Amplified Bible Offline - Apps on Google Play The Amplified Bible Offline - Apps on Google Play

Multiple English word equivalents to each key Hebrew and Greek word clarify and amplify meanings that may otherwise have been concealed by the traditional translation method. Bookmark and highlight: mark your favourite passages, bookmark important verses, and highlight meaningful sections. Lately I've had to uninstall and reinstall this app because the daily verse will not update/change to the next one.Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God’s provident care].

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment