276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moongel Damper Pads (Pot of 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That’s right. This, let’s call it Moongel topic, certainly deserves more attention than it gets. That’s all about to change. Here at Music Gear Heads, we’re, as always, dedicated to shining a light on the often overlooked music-related topics. In the article you’re about to read, we’ll, among other things, tell you just where you apply Moongel and exactly how will you do it! Gel tends to vibrate with the head, so there is a more controlled dampening. Sometimes it's not enough, and which case either more is needed, or go to the napkin & tape, which really damps the head and provides a short, tight muffle. Here’s a fun fact: Moongel is the most widely used drum dampener out there. What is Moongel made of? Clear looks cool, and they say it lasts longer than MOONGEL. The problem with this stuff isn't lastage, its losing them and for that matter the cheap window gels are a viable alternative.

Moongel Alternative | Drummerworld Forum Moongel Alternative | Drummerworld Forum

Another thing: you’re also allowed to use Moongel pads on your resonant heads. That way, you’ll even further reduce the overtones from your snare. If you place your Moongel pad more towards the center of your resonant head, will help you reduce the sustain even more. Now that you know where can you apply Moongel pads, let’s see how can one wash them (if they’re washable in the first place). Can I wash Moongel? I think the hands will just be cool, remove a few fingers and you can express your self in many ways ;-) The world's most highly acclaimed resonance control device ever designed, is effective, simple and versatile.When only the most effective means of controlling a percussion instrument's sound will do, percussionists turn to the Moon Gel Damper Pad.I like what Moon Gel does in very small doses and this solution is just great when you consider the price and value. The size advantages alone make this preferrable for me, and I don't mind some of the goofy shapes. Nobody ever accused me of not being professional because of my muffling choices. The world's most highly acclaimed resonance control device ever designed, is effective, simple and versatile. When only the most effective means of controlling a percussion instrument's sound will do, percussionists turn to the Moongel Damper Pad.

Moon gels? | Drummerworld Forum Alternative to Moon gels? | Drummerworld Forum

I'm a fan of the bar napkin, much easier to throw on the snare on the fly while at a gig. I just wipe my brow with it so it'll stay in place. If you don’t want to buy via those links, that’s fine too: Go support your local independent music store if they deserve it! Let's see there's the peace sign, the hitch hikers sign, the pinky swear sign, the devil horns sign, there's the thumbs up, the thumbs down, the Vulcan live long and prosper sign, the I got my fingers cut off on a table saw sign, the high five, the high four, three and two....I feel like I'm missing some... Neither, both have this really annoying muffling effect on drums and keep you from hearing the actual sound of your kit...There's always threads about Moongel alternatives on this forum. We found some, and we're bringing it to the UK (fresh from Italy!) I really like how you can choose how much you want to dampen. If you want to dampen just a little bit then lay the moongel so it's 1/2 on the head and 1/2 on the rim(this is what I typically do). For my snare I lay it directly on the head about an inch from the rim and I get a nice snappy snare sound that I like.

MoonGel - Clear - Drum Central

This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Ladies(Les?) and gentlemen, I feel the need to bring this up although I have mentioned it in other threads. If it keeps happening, give us a call at 800-222-4700 and have the following Reference ID available. Moongels are made from 53% PVC copolymer resin, 27% Dioctyl Terephthalate, 2.5% Epoxied Soybean Oil, 3% Calcium-Zinc Stabilizers, 7% PVC-based Thixotrope and 7.5% Adipate Plasticizer-based Thixotrope. Gel of this composition is commercially available from WRS SportsMed, a division of WRS Group, Inc. under the UltraSoft™ trademark. Place them in different areas for different types of drum dampening– closer to the edge of the drumhead for less dampening, closer to the center for more. Put one, two, three, or ten on your drumhead depending on the sound you want, and experiment to find the perfect location and get the perfect amount of overtone control. Moongels can also be attached to cymbals or other percussion instruments, to reduce the sustain and focus the sound.Also, know that your Moongel damper pads are reusable and washable. Now, ain’t that neat? Also, you’ll find them in two colors: clear (not technically a color, but you get the point) and blue. How to use Moongel for drums? If you’re a beginner drummer, the word/term/whatever-you-wanna-call it Moongel doesn’t probably mean that much to you. It’s just something you’ve seen a lot of times on drumming forums but never cared to ask. Today, we’ll try to tell you everything about this piece of drumming equipment using the least amount of words. The world's most highly acclaimed resonance control device ever designed, is effective, simple and versatile.When only the most effective means of controlling a percussion instrument's sound will do, percussionists turn to the Moon Del Damper Pad. Also, here’s another thing: when using Moongel pads on your cymbals, the further your place them away from the center, the more effective they’ll be at reducing the sustain. Speaking of cymbals, here’s an article on why drums and cymbals never sound out of tune. I've attached a pic of the carved up target along with a freshly harvested piece of gel. Not a pretty sight but certainly very economic, You are able to cut much more customized pieces out of whatever size slab you cut out with a safety razor than the gumball rubber hands....unless you like you're drums having little rubber hands on them (....not judging. LOL!)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment