276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Saucony Men's Triumph 19 Running Shoe

£32.425£64.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Triumph 19 comes with a second set of colorful yellow laces if you want a bit more pizzaz. Not a big deal, but a nice touch. Thumbs up for night running

And the final major change is in the upper. The Triumph 19 features a new mono-mesh upper that’s more breathable than before. No more sweaty feet! Jeremy: Well I must admit that my first foray into the Triumph line was a tremendous discovery. Comfort for endless miles under the foot, a welcome responsiveness to handle many different paces, all in a smooth motion, the plush step in of the upper that I love so much in Saucony’s road shoes, an understated look with touches of fun, durability, grip...I can’t see anything to really gripe about here. It has easily found a (large) place in my shoes rotation. This amount of protection, responsiveness, outsole at just shy over 300gs for a US10.5 is a homerun.Seiler, Stephen. (2010). What is Best Practice for Training Intensity and Duration Distribution in Endurance Athletes?. International journal of sports physiology and performance. 5. 276-91. 10.1123/ijspp.5.3.276. Almost a perfect fit with a secure yet soft foothold from heel to toes, and more than adequate toebox room-Jeremy/Jeff/Renee Renee: Both shoes fall into the heavier, long-run shoe category for me, weighing about the same. In a women’s size 8, I have more room in the toebox (almost too much) in the Phantom. The Phantom 2 is a lower-drop shoe with the same amount of rubber coverage on the outsole. Underfoot, the Triumph 19 feels more comfortable. Choose the Phantom 2 if you need a big toebox, low drop, and firmer midsole. The Phantom 2 might be slightly better at “faster” paces because of the firmer midsole. Otherwise, go with the Triumph 19. Renee: Like Jeremy, I do not often like high-cushioned, soft road shoes. The Triumph does not feel mushy, and the overall cushion helps with comfort during long runs. The weight makes the shoe a slower/easy day shoe for me, and I do not get responsiveness from the ride/midsole, which is fine for its usage. The ride is “buttery smooth” and traditional on pavement and relatively smooth on dirt/gravel.

In summary, 2021 is a very good vintage for the Saucony Triumph, with a new version rich in improvements. We see little reason to pass upon it, especially if you’re looking for a comfortable premium shoe for your long runs. The Velocity is clearly biased towards the more dynamic side of the spectrum and is lighter by 1 oz, but I find that its heel EVA layer kind of mitigates the otherwise fantastic Nitro foam.I didn’t love the slightly stretchy laces, and there’s a small tab that holds the bottom lace that gets in the way of the normal location of my Stryd pod. Those are literally the biggest gripes I can find-Jeff

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment