276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NOW Thats What I Call Music! 7

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Accordingly there’s quite a few songs that could have been considered or even featured on an extra compilation. The same could be said for A-ha’s Hunting High and Low (Remix) – Take On Me and The Sun Always Shines On TV had kick-started Hits 3 and Hits 4. Irrespective of the source, all of our collectables meet our strict grading and are 100% guaranteed.

The first two volumes were not released on compact disc, and all subsequent releases were either single, double, or triple disc sets. My local disco bar played the video frequently during that time; with its anti-war footage ensuring that it remains a memorable one hit wonder. Album opener Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is the precise mix used on the original Now 7 cassette with opening intro and vocal fade out. I think on Opportunities…, PSB didn’t mind which mix we used but when they found out we’d used the alternative version they asked EMI for a couple of boxes of samples of Now 7 as they thought it might become sought after at some point because of the alternative mix! In the 80s and 90s, the Now albums had long lead times but there was always pressure to get the mastering done very quickly.Maybe the thing that stops this reissue being a complete disaster is some of the mixes that were expected to be wrong are actually correct although not all. There are three super slices of poptasticness here; Bananarama’s glorious cover of Shocking Blue’s Venus, Amazulu’s self-fulfilling Too Good To Be Forgotten and Bucks Fizz wonderful back-from-the-crash epic New Beginning (Mamba Seyra). I reckon in another world the Queen track would have opened the album rather than being tagged on at the end of a side. From 2003, and until 2010, there was one special edition released each year, covering a decade (80s, 90s and 00s), or a cross section of big hits celebrating the Now series ( Now Decades, Now Years, Now Dance) - however, from 2011, they became much more frequent, and in 2017, there were fifteen different titles released. You will notice the sticker on the front sleeve stating that there’s a bonus track contained therein.

While other countries had started truncated CD releases a couple of years earlier, their selections also could be a little random. In terms of the sleeve, the words "32 Top Chart Hits" have been removed for obvious reasons, but also UB40 are also absent from the front cover despite their song still being on the album. Released in association with the Official Chart Company to "celebrate 70 years of the official UK singles chart".Each release is issued as a limited edition mini-hardback book, with the CDs in sleeves forming the pages of the ' yearbook' which contains an introductory overview of the year, original 7" single artwork, trivia, chart positions and a quiz. The original Now Dance series began in 1985 and has been released in a variety of titles, formats, and release frequency. I hadn’t actually noticed before that it was a different version of ‘Opportunities’ (in fact I didn’t even know there was one, not being a big PSB fan) but that is another selling point for Now 7 which is a pretty good one. first reissued 2009 for the 25th anniversary, then again 20 July 2018 to coincide with Now 100) re-issued on 2CD (gatefold in 2009, jewel case in 2018), audio cassette, and a 2LP vinyl release.

Language - Regardless of country of origin all tracks are sung in English, unless otherwise stated in our description. Originally, the series captured extended 12" mixes of dance hits of the time, but from 1991 onwards, all Now Dance compilations featured 7" edits with only occasional extended versions or mixes included.Simple Minds and Billy Ocean both appear in shorter edits that have appeared in the intervening years. It debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart, selling 621,000 copies in its first week, the highest opening week of sales for any U.

The presentation of each release has evolved notably over time: from 1986 through to 2013, all double and triple CD sets were released in chubby Jewel cases which could hold up to 6 discs. In November 2018, the Now team took over the " 100 Hits" brand from Demon Music Group, and in 2019 and 2020, the Special Editions series was effectively rested while 24 different Now 100 Hits compilations were issued in very quick succession, until the end of November 2020. The tie-in television programmes are a month by month video playlist of tracks, from one year previously featured on a Now Yearbook album, with Bruno Brookes presenting. David Bowie - Absolute Beginners: Great song from the film of the same name, not included on the 2020 CD release.Great blog though, as I’ve been going through my old 80s compilations recently, this is essential reading for me. Since the release of Now 102 in Easter 2019, the corresponding Now album from 100 volumes ago has been re-compiled and re-issued on 2-CD sets on the same day. Some of them have unique track listings and are not related to similarly themed collections already issued on compact disc, however, more recent releases have been 'selections' taken from a larger CD collection (Rock, for example). Genesis came back with a bang in 1986; Invisible Touch is one of the greatest pop albums ever with five smash hits; the title track being the taster.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment