276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mobicool MV26 DC Electric Cool Box electric, portable, blue, 25 L Capacity, 12 V cigarette lighter connection, Cooling up to 17 °C below room temperature

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you choose a heavier electric cool box, we would highly recommend a trolley, something for festivals or for camping holidays. Adding food and drink to an already heavy 12v cool box will mean that you can still move it around when setting up camp. Some of the boxes we have looked at are around 3KG and over in weight with two being 4 and 5KG and this is withhout any food or drink inside of them. I recently took the GlamHaus Electric Cooler Box on a camping trip, and it exceeded my expectations in terms of performance and convenience. Its advanced insulation, combined with CFC-free thermoelectric technology, kept my food and drinks at just the right temperature throughout the weekend. Being bigger we thought it would be louder but actually it wasn’t, this was another little thing we were happy with, we have been pleasantly surprised by this little car gadget.

MOBICOOL MCF60 - 58 l Compressor Cooler, Blue/Grey, Cool Box MOBICOOL MCF60 - 58 l Compressor Cooler, Blue/Grey, Cool Box

When unplugged it stays cold for hours, helped by getting colder whilst plugged in and its small size Like the others, place it in your vehicle and plug it in, on this model you select to turn it on and hat setting you want it at. It will aim for 20c below the ambient outside temperature, which is much better offering than most of the others which aim for 15c below ambient temperature, I think what helps it with this is it’s small size. It is a bit noisy but running it along in your car you wont be able to hear it over the noise of driving or music so that should be fine, but if you run it whilst camping from a battery or solar panel through the night, you may hear it buzzing and whirring away whilst it keeps your items cold What we’ll ask of each electric cool box is the following: size, weight, how long to cool down to chill your food and drink, soft or hard case, plug in options, will it fit in the foot well at the front to the side or behind the front seats if you don’t have any rear passengers, hard or soft box, other features, temp it will go down to, reliability and other questions too based upon the type of cooler it is and any extra features it might have. The Mobicool MV30 does its job efficiently, but it can become a bit noisy at times. I wouldn’t say I was too bothered by it, but if you’re sensitive to noise, you might find it somewhat distracting.

You only get the 12V power supply to plug in to a car cigarette lighter, costs more for UK 3 pin plug adapter The multifunctional 3-in-1 power supply was a lifesaver. I used the 12V DC adaptor for long car journeys and the USB power lead during our garden party. The 22-litre capacity allowed me to store enough food and drinks for my family without any issue. Inside you can see like others, the top lid of the box acts as the fridge and cools down the insides when it is sealed, plugged in and turned on. This means you lose a little bit of space in the top but not too much, 24L is still plenty for an electric cool box and should keep a small family good for a few days. The cooling capability of the Allied UK 24L Electric Cool Box is impressive, with a cooling capacity of 15-18°C below the ambient temperature, and its heating functionality is equally reliable. It can reach a temperature of 50-65°C with the help of a thermostat. Moreover, the red and green indicator lights efficiently display the hot/cold status, allowing me to monitor the temperature easily. I recently had the chance to try out the Dometic BordBar TB 15 Portable Thermo Electric Cool Box, and it proved to be an excellent companion for my weekend getaway. This fantastic cool box offers both cooling and heating functions, making it perfect for keeping my drinks cool and my lunch warm.

Cool boxes tested | Products | Auto Express

One downside I encountered was when trying to store 2-litre bottles in an upright position; I had to lay them down flat because of the limited height. Though not a significant issue, it is something to consider if you plan to store large beverage bottles.We are really impressed with this option, big enough for mot day/multi-day trips in a car and if you’re car is really big you can fit it to your side next to your feet at the front foot well. One of the standout features of this cool box is its flexibility in power options. I was able to power the box using a 12V connection in my car or use a USB connection to link it to a power bank, offering me multiple ways to keep my items at the desired temperature.

Mobicool 12V Thermoelectric 32L Cool Bag MB32 | Lakeland Mobicool 12V Thermoelectric 32L Cool Bag MB32 | Lakeland

Well made and big enough for a short road trip or camping holiday. Could not get hold of the bigger MV30 model but in fact this size turned out to be just what we wanted - fits perfectly behind the drivers seat of my VW Passat We did not test it’s heating function but it does come with one and when you put in hot food, it should maintain the foods heat and not lose any of it. It won’t warm up food from cold for you, if that is what you are after.Very happy with my choice of the W35, very quiet even with the fan speed turned up. Plenty of space inside, the dividers work well. Quite a nice size unit, not too big. Not had it long so cannot say how well it works or how reliable it is. It is worth pointing out that the eco setting and off switch only appear to work on mains voltage. On 12v it is permanently on full while plugged in. This is not a problem unless you intend to run it off a leisure battery. If you are after something that will fit in a full nights worth of drinks or keep food cool for a large family whilst camping, this could be the one for you. Lets take a look at this Vonshef 22L capacity electric plug-in cool box. First impressions are it’s big and it’s blue, it looks exactly like any other cool box out there, but this one has a neat little cable that comes out from the top and plugs straight in to your 12v car cigarette lighter, giving you an easy to use car fridge. It has a carry handle you can put over your shoulder and stays warm long after being unplugged. If you need more than some food items and a small bottle though you might have to look elsewhere.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment