276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Ghost 14 GTX Running Shoe

£51.355£102.71Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From time to time carriers may deliver earlier or later, or on non working days however this is cannot be guaranteed nor should it be expected. While this may seem like a big update on paper, the ride experience is strikingly similar to the Ghost 13. I’ve always been a fan of Brooks shoes, and adored my Ghost 13s, so this new release had a lot to live up to. I took the 14s for a (literal) spin at my cycling gym class, as well as for a gentle 5K run, and they fit me like a glove. In true Ghost tradition, comfort reigns supreme here, with soft cushioning that makes road running feel like cloud running. These new shoes have had an upgrade, with the midsole now entirely made from Brooks’ DNA LOFT cushioning, that definitely made my running smoother and offered miles of comfort before I felt even the slightest ache. They really made my running flow better, which sounds odd, but it’s the best way I can describe the softness these shoes added to my landing and toe-off. I really don’t get why almost every review on here says “knee pain” in it. I’ve had absolutely no knee pain whatsoever (not even a hint of it) and I’ve put about 200 miles onto these shoes so far. I also weigh over 200lbs, so if it’s anyone’s knees that should be hurting, it’s mine. If you wanted to run a marathon in the Ghost 14 and you weren’t worried about your time, you definitely could. I did 42 kilometres in it and it performed brilliantly.

Everyone’s gait is slightly different, but there are four main types of running styles and pronation: The last gripe on the ride is the 12.4mm drop. As a generalist shoe built for the masses, this is just too much drop. It needs to be 6-8 to work well for the majority of runners I think. It feels steep and I just hate steep drop shoes unless they have a specific reason for being so. Ready to go straight from the box The Glycerin used to be the only Brooks trainer with a full DNA Loft midsole but now that the Ghost 14 also has one, the Ghost represents much better value. During gait analysis you will be asked to walk and run on our in-store treadmill whilst your movements are recorded using the latest Daftfish software. A slow-motion, detailed analysis will show and explain your biomechanics, specifically looking at pronation, the inward-turning movement that occurs when your foot touches the ground. During walking and running this acts as cushioning for the body.It’s very important to know your running gait so that we can advise and fit the correct shoes according to your own individual requirements. Can’t get into store? Try a wet foot test This shoe only has one reflective element on the heel, even though it looks like there are reflective elements on the side, they didn’t actually reflect light. The Ghost is the most popular shoe Brooks have created to date, and this latest 14th edition promises to be an exciting upgrade on a classic. Test run I pushed the shoe to a 5/min pace and it went, it can be done, but that’s not its sweet spot. Mild runs are where it likes to perform and that’s just fine for the majority of runners.

As a daily trainer weight is not usually a key issue to stress about, but this shoe would be more interesting at 8.5-9 ounces. Built heavy-duty Delivery timescales are based on working days; Public Holidays, Saturday's and Sunday's are NOT classed as working days.The Ghost has an enormous, loyal fan base. It’s a certain type of runner who buys the Ghost every year: the type of runner who doesn’t like taking risks when it comes to running shoes. As for me, the only issue I have wuith them is that the outsole is wearing a little faster than I would’ve liked, but not by much. They’re lasting longer than my Nike Pegasus 39’s did. Besides that complaint, my Ghost 14’s have been phenomenal. I feel great all throughout my runs in them, and I run anywhere from 25-30 miles every week. I even use them for walking some days and they make for excellent walking shoes. The new headline feature of the Ghost 14 is that it now has a full DNA Loft midsole compared to the 13 that only had a half DNA Loft midsole.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment