276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grip H Clip, Plywood Roof Sheathing Clip-19/32-5/8" GRIP PLY CLIP

£25.04£50.08Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many thanks for your help with this, if there’s anything we can do to help promote the clips across here just let me know. Further, the tapered arms 12 provide a necessary degree of flexion for use in applications where materials 11 of different thicknesses are used. Stepping on a roof sheathing panel joint between rafter bays I’ve never, ever seen a clip pop loose even if it was the wrong size. When the lead- ins 16 on one end of the H clip 10 are secured in the proper position on the material 11, the installer can insert a second sheet of material between the lead- ins 16 on the opposing ends 13 of the tapered arms 12. the contoured face 20 provides a smooth, contoured surface for the material 11 to slide over as the H clip 10 is completely inserted.

If you’re fastening 1/2-inch or 5/8-inch Zip System roofing panels to rafters or trusses on the typical 16-inch or 24-inch spacing, H-clips aren’t needed. Because of the taper in the arms 12, the H clip 10 can conveniently accommodate building material 11 sheets of a variety of thicknesses. the living hinges 18 also provide the lead-ins 16 the necessary flexibility to be quickly and easily inserted onto the edge of a piece of building material 11 . Even if they are not required, we highly recommend H-Clips to improve the longevity and durability of your roof sheathing.I believe there is a code requirement to nail all edges of wall sheathing but I am wondering if there is an exception if H clips are used.

For example, the typical H clip 10 designed for building material sheets of ±2 inch thickness can also accommodate sheets of 7/16 inch thickness. The lead-in 16 eventually rotates such that it comes to rest within an indentation 21 on each end 13 of the arms 12 in a position parallel the surfaces 15 of the building material 11.The scope of the invention will appear more fully from the following detailed description of the preferred embodiment of the invention made in conjunction with the accompanying drawings.

Inspectors don't like to see shiners from below as they look over your nailoff so a line is often very helpful. Without the clip however one piece of plywood might bow up in the middle and the other down…so the clip tends to make a smoother appearance on the roof…it’s main purpose is spacing. the inspector knows for a fact that they were required in a building’s jurisdiction at the time of construction.They work by connecting the panel edges of your wood ensuring that the plywood doesn't shift, buckle, and become uneven over time. And I can not think of any projects I can point to that do illustrate the need and the presence of edge blocking. H-clips provide additional stiffness between bearing points for the unsupported edges of wood panel (plywood or OSB) roof sheathing, along with the necessary 1/8” gap for expansion, as shown below illustrated on a bag of Simpson H-clips.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment