276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BOSS ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects Processor

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Each effect type has a number of 'optimal' factory settings saved as an EZ Tone, and these can easily be summoned up by means of the effect module's 'type' knob.

There's actually a useful bonus here; instead of simply switching off the preamp, you can set it to 'EQ', which gives you a four-band equaliser instead of having the amp models. In addition to its stellar COSM amp models and effects, the ME-70 is outfitted with a new COSM Preamp section derived from BOSS’s GT-10 and Legend series. While that might be a turn-off to those of you schooled in modern multi-FX units, it makes far, far more sense to anyone more used to 'normal' pedals. The simple knob-based controls for each effect section makes dialing in tone easier than ever, especially with the innovative EZ Tone feature. I'm not going to dish out hundreds of dollars on a flanger when I might use it a handful of times - instead I just grab my ME-70.There is less definition with distortion as there are more overtones created because of the hard clipping. It is for the guitarist who wants the basic Boss effects and COSM amp sounds to be available in an affordable, portable, simple-to-operate unit.

So splitting the amp simulations from the distortion types actually allows much greater control over your sound. In addition, the Boss ME-70 can be powered by six AA alkaline batteries for approximately 12 hours of continuous use, making it an ideal choice for musicians looking for a portable pedal board. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.One of the fun things about this unit is all the knobs for tweaking the settings, however this is still a digital device. The overdrives do all sound very bitty and unpleasant going straight from 'guitar amp out' to to 'line in'. In this setting, goosing the Level knob to full on added only a minimal amount of boost, unless I also increased the Drive knob—this does not add distortion, merely more level. ive compared the distortions on here to the corresponding individual stomboxes and they are identical. Gone are the synth-like Square distortion, and the ring modulator, as well as some pan effects in the delay section, indicating a more conservative approach to effects.

Your ME70 is more akin to standard stomp box pedal, which was designed to go into the input of a guitar amp and be enhanced by the characteristics of the amp. Had to make sure she didn't swallow them of course so had to take it off the floor where she couldn't reach it.

The recording output added speaker emulations to the amp models, and once again I was impressed with Roland’s COSM modeling. As I said before, the sound quality is excellent, and even the very high gain settings like the Mesa/Boogie preamp setting are much quieter than any of my other tone boxes. You can also attach an external pedal to a jack on the back of the ME-70 to scroll through banks in Memory mode. However,be aware that having anything plugged into the Recording/Phones jack will apply the amp simulation to both that jack AND the regular (direct to your own amp) jacks.

The ME70 was designed to go in front of a guitar amp which is the opposite of most multi fx/modeling boards out today.Everything from Cabinet Simulators like full Marshall Stacks and Messa Boogie rigs, to full Stereo Output. The quality of the effects can vary, some distortions are not as crisp or dynamic as their BOSS stompbox counterparts (which weren't exactly premium grade to begin with), and some effects you would like to be separate from others, whereas they are unfortunately confined to the same pedal. kHz processing, the ME-70 gives nothing away to the GT-8, or even the GT-10 in tonal quality, and its metal chassis sits firmly in the Boss tradition of indestructibility. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. If you don’t want to bend over to press the arrow buttons, stepping on footswitches 1 and 2 simultaneously, allows you to step through the banks using switch 1 for down and 2 for up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment