276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LED Light Strip Bars Kit - 4X 30cm Display Lighting for Detolf Case/Under Cabinet Shelf - Energy Saving - Low Profile Under Cupboard Strip Lighting (Cool White, 6000K) - UK Plug

£4.865£9.73Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hi everyone! I recently updated the lighting in my Detolfs today. I wanted to do a small tutorial for anyone who may be interested in setting up their lights inside the Detolf. This is a pretty simple setup with little work needed. So, I'm going to post pictures and describe in detail what the process is to do something like the picture below. I will mark the pictures as spoilers so that it won't take up the whole space of this article. Once you get to the bottom, you keep going with the strip to the other side of the glass case without separation.

I hesitated between the importance of dimming LED's... but I'll explain that later on in the review. The power wires run inside the door, on the left. The long wire running to the top of the picture doesn’t actually power any of the lights in the display case.Close-up of how I mounted the LED strip to the pylon. I dropped the exposure on this picture so that the details of the LED strip are visible. I've been spending some time trying to figure out what type of lighting I wanted to put in my Ikea Detolf cabinet. Being made mostly of glass, with a very slim metal frame inside, I didn't want any kind of wire clutter, or clutter from connectors and current 'boxes', transformers (electrical), etc.. I wanted something as clean as possible, with easy wire routing. I can deal with wires outside the cabinet just fine. Premium grade translucent grey wires, exclusively designed and fabricated for our product, ensure hassle-free wire management, leaving no unsightly wires behind.

Select energy efficient LED shelf lighting or LED under shelf lighting that illuminates cherished items like little league trophies or the wedding China that comes out for special occasions. Position lights to hang over your shelves or provide another type of curated look by lining them with flexible LED light strips. Things to know before lighting your bookcase, shelf or cabinet The setup was simple and easy, the connectors we simple enough to pass through all the gaps and frame and I was able to do a very tidy job. Choose functionality that comes with your sense of style by adding the right lightfixtures for cabinets in any room. Above cabinet lighting Display units come in a variety of colours, shapes, sizes and styles and can be made of various materials, including wood, glass, metal, or acrylic.Now this is optional but I did it to make it more neat looking. I used double side tape for the three cords onto top of my case so I don't have any wire hanging down. The sensor cable which is the one that doesn't have anything connected to, you want to make sure it is visible to you or else the controller for the lights won't work. I'm relatively knew to figure collecting and my collection has reached the point where they no longer fit on my bookshelves and desk. Thus, I was planning to get my first detolf. My question is, what is the best way to go about lighting it? I've already watched plenty of tutorials and stuff about how people go about lighting their display cases so I have a general idea of some of the more popular solutions. With the right lighting, you can easily locate all your items and place focus on your favourite pieces. Whether your shelves are situated on top or below the cabinets, proper illumination can elevate the overall look and functionality of your storage solutions. I was also very glad that the wires for the lights were plenty long enough for nice clean routing on the slim Detolf frame and had plenty of room for controller placement on top of the Detolf as well. Yes, I did not rout anything through the bottom, I made everything go to the top of the Detolf. Whether you’re looking to light the way for young minds in the family or you’d just like to put your favorite books on display, bookcase lighting creates stunning ambience while calling attention to elegant bookshelves and the treasures they hold. Light bookshelves from the top or bottom with integrated bookcase lights using energy-efficient LED lights with a soft, pleasant glow. Thankfully, the same accent lighting that you choose for your bookcase can also light up other storage options throughout the house. Cabinet lighting

Edit: Looking a bit closer on one of the photos you provided, it looks like you did almost the same thing; so the hold is too small for that cord, eh? The 'brightness' also falls into my plans for dimmable LEDs. I have no need of a dimmer, because the brightness is JUST RIGHT and NOT HARSH. It looks very professional and meant to be there.Easily find what you need with LED strip lights housed in polyurethane that are suitable for use in confined spaces due to the low heat emitted by their energy efficient LED light source. These light strips are flexible and dimmable. Available in single or multi-color. Shelf lighting

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment