276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FriendlyElec Nanopi R4S Mini Portable Travel Router OpenWRT with Dual-Gbps Ethernet Ports 4GB LPDDR4 Based in RK3399 Soc for IOT NAS Smart Home Gateway

£379.995£759.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first test is to test only the WAN interface, using my workstation which has an onboard GbE interface. I intended to test thermally performance, Ethernet, and USB like I did for NanoPi R2S and NanoPi NEO3, but Armbian is not available right now, so I could not use some of the tools I normally used right now.

For example I prefer to have the WiFi router before the WAN and some of my devices after the LAN, so the devices connected with before WAN don’t have access to the LAN devices via the bridge interface. You may want to double check the IRQ numbers in /proc/interrupts and then do a reboot and check again to make sure they stay the same. As you can see from the above benchmarks the Nanopi-R4S can max the GbE speed of my setup in the bridged mode.My plan was to create a Yocto BSP layer for this, but since the Armbian support is not ready yet I’ve decided to do a benchmark and a comparison between the R4S and the R2S. It's easy enough to disable all the packages, but a proper OpenWRT build would be preferable and you could be more confident that it is secure. documentation for your board and get comfortable dealing with incomplete or even conflicting specs).

To remove the ISP box, I need WAN side VLAN tagged packets, kind of DHCP specific config, 6to4 tunnelling for ipv4 traffic, etc, the r4s will handle that on wan side. This can be fixed by making ctrl+c as default in uboot to make it only enter cli when these key combination of met. It has 1GB DDR3 RAM and 4GB eMMC Flashand is featured as a high performance and low cost development platfor.Only then I got a not really nice surprise, when I unplugged the serial-to-USB-adapter, I needed for installation. The single-board computer comes with a MicroSD slot for external storage of up to 128GB and has no onboard eMMC (Embedded Multimedia Controller). I know that it's possible to do the same trick with IRQ to CPU pinning in FreeBSD, but nothing that I've tried worked.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment