276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have decided that I am actually going to leave this unrated. I feel like a 3 star rating does not do it justice, my reasons for disliking the book do not permit me to give it a 4/5 star and I didn't hate it enough for a 1/2 star. Greg - You're a loser, and deserved to get your butt handed to you. Bank business trips my booty. WHAT IS EVEN A BANK BUSINESS TRIP?! I love that quote - I really do. But seriously, how many years of mistakes did it take them to even realize they were perfect together???

Like Rosie, Alex really did mature as well. But there was one thing that didn't change about the young and the old Alex.. Ahaha. How he spells his "know". Despite his age, he still spells it as "no". He's a sample. The answer to the question right above my spoiler tag? Apparently you can ignore that little voice inside your head until you are F-ING FIFTY!!!! 50!

Oh god. I really love Alex. I want a best friend like him. I want to have that person who wouldn't give up on me, someone who would always be there even in my ugliest day. Rosie and Alex are destined for one another, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, their relationship gets closer by the day, until Alex gets the news that his family is leaving Dublin and moving to Boston. At 17, Rosie and Alex have just started to see each other in a more romantic light. Devastated, the two make plans for Rosie to apply to colleges in the U.S.

Rosie's Parents - I absolutely adore the fact that Cecelia wrote about them, however small it was. I almost died on the inside when her father passed, then Rosie received the letter from him. I definitely teared up and kept asking myself, ' WHY ARE YOU EVEN CRYING?! IT'S JUST A LETTER!' *Proceeds to weep into book* Creo que la palabra clave en esta historia con la moraleja que me quiero quedar es "MIEDO": es el tema central en las vidas de Rosie y Alex; "miedo a expresar mis sentimientos y ser rechazado", "miedo a perder una oportunidad","miedo a decepcionar a los demás", "miedo a cambiar", "miedo a estar solo", "miedo a arriesgarse" por eso cuando Katie decide hacer lo que su madre no se animó a hacer es algo que les da valor a Katie y Alex, realmente la vida es hermosa, nunca es tarde para arriesgarse y no tener miedo de las nuevas oportunidades y luchar por lo que uno quiere y encontrar la felicidad al final del arcoiris. I've been thinking about this book ever since I read Me Before You (I blame Sam Claflin) and I think I've finally settled on 4 stars. I think my biggest issue with Love, Rosie was how unrealistic it was. I loved the idea that two people would have stayed in touch for so long, have such an intimate knowledge about each other’s lives but never actually be honest with one another. All the way through it made me question the entire premise of their friendship and the book. I just would have liked a little more open and honest discussion about everything that was going on within each other’s lives. Plus I think at times there were moments where the friendship was extremely one-sided with Rosie making more effort. Bethany Williams: Alex's second wife. She was his first girlfriend in high school, but were reunited years later. They have a son named Theo. Rosie never liked her.

I loved PS I Love You, so I thought I'd give another Ahern book a go. I wasn't to fazed by the fact the story of Where Rainbows End is completely written as a correspondence, mostly between the two main characters, family and friends. I had read The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot which was written in a similar style and stilled loved the story. This book will simultaneously make you laugh and cry. The characters are especially lovable and engaging, as they are each flawed and faced with struggle, making them ever more relatable and believable. This only results in emphasising the emotions felt whilst reading this rollercoaster book, which is similarly beautiful and tragic. I really loved Rosie, the main character who gave up her future when accidentally pregnant as a teenager. I felt that she portrayed a different kind of teen mother, and led me to question the stereotypes portrayed by the media today. She was also such a person, which may sound weird but when put into context is wonderful. Realistic and relatable characters are so unusual nowadays, that it was strangely refreshing to discover someone with whom you could shout alongside, not at. Pacing wise, I was hooked and desperately needed to find out what happens with Rosie and Alex!!! If you read this book and you did not want them to be together then we MUST have read a different book because I routed for these two from the very start!

I'm returning to Boston tomorrow but before I go I wanted to write this letter to you. All the thoughts and feelings that have been bubbling up inside me are finally overflowing from this pen and I'm leaving this letter for you so that you don't feel that I'm putting you under any great pressure. I understand that you will need to take your time trying to decide on what I am about to say. Mrs. Julie Casey: Also known as "Mrs. Big Nose Smelly Breath Casey" by Rosie and Alex. Towards the middle of the story Rosie, after quitting her job, goes to work at her old primary school as a receptionist and the two become friends.This is a classic example of having the love of your life right in front of you, but being too blind, you are unable to reach out and take it. Rosie and Alex lived this experience and let me tell you that it truly hurt knowing they lost a lot of years not giving in to their instincts and feelings. Unbeknownst to you I took this chance before, many, many years ago. You never received that letter and I'm glad because my feelings since then have changed dramatically. They have intensified with every passing day. The side characters were so cute and I loved them all. I loved Ruby and her siblings and his siblings and Katie and Josh as well. basically, this book was an absolute roller coaster ride filled with extreme frustration and a severe case of toying with my emotions, but I am very much pleased with the ending of this book. You deserve someone who loves with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of every day just wondering what you’re doing, where you are, who you’re with and if you’re OK.

Alex Stewart: The other main character of the book, originally from Dublin where he grew up with Rosie, his family moves to Boston where Alex eventually becomes a surgeon. Alex gets married there, but later discovers that he has feelings for Rosie. Y en el final cuando Katie se arma de valor y apuesta todo para ver como le va con una relación con Toby (casi esperaba que le sucediera lo mismo que a su madre .-.)fue como una gran patada en el estomago, te deja un tremendo mensaje; o te arriesgas en busca de lo que podrá ser o te acobardas y desperdicias grandes años por miedo a perder algo, es tan simple como eso.They were so perfect for each other, but they were too scared that if they jump into something, they will end up losing the friendship, the years of friendship that they've developed. They felt that in a way, staying friends will let them keep each other longer. But it doesn't work that way, in my opinion. As time pass by, they'll have a lot of "what ifs" and "what could have beens". And that's exactly what happened to these funny couple. Please think about it. Don't waste your time on Greg. This is our opportunity. Let's stop being afraid and take the chance. I promise I'll make you happy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment