276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Great Core's Paradox: A LitRPG Adventure

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found myself wrapped up in shimmering white threads; they were soft and rather warm, providing some small comfort against the chill of my thoughts and body. I could still see slightly through the gaps in the threads, allowing me to watch as the mother Aridae pulled me upwards, hauling me up the walls with a connecting thread and seeming entirely at ease. I could see it; it did not feel threatened by me. It did not feel threatened by the chosen creation of the Great Core.

That was who I was. That was what I was. A tiny snake with great potential. The sole creation of the Great Core. I needed that comfort, after our deadly first encounter. The thought of it still made my scale-flesh tremble. I think it likely always would. The only reason im not giving this a full score is that the chapters are usually not that long while the story itself is paced fairly slow and its not uncommon for quite a bit of the chapters to be descriptions of Skills/Abilities and such so sometimes it feels like you read half a chapter of that and then the story progresses ~1 hour before the chapter ends and this is why im giving it a 4 on the style.

I really enjoy this story, it has some similarities with "Snake Report" but not in a bad way and is unique in its own way. Drop by crimson drop, my will faded. My length went numb - not with slow-venom this time, but with pure lethargy. I was tired of struggling. Though I had hoped to train my venom resistance further, there were limits to what I could do by myself. I had been forced to inject myself with my own venom. The pain had been terrible; agonizing, even. Yet for the Great Core, I had done it. This book just takes my breath away, a whole book written from a Snakes POV. How amazing is that? I ask you?!? And it's a very small snek, with a humongous amount of confidence in both the Great Core and in it's own ability, as is fitting for a dungeon boss named Paradox Ouroboros. A boss who can control destiny and thus honor the Great Core. So with his pet hooman adventure team, they set out for adventure. The humans of course have their own notions of what's goin on, but they all realize that their chances of survival has dramatically increased with the "tame" dungeon monster's help! I hung like that for a long time. Hours. More, maybe. The slow-venom was losing its effect, but it didn’t matter. It was too late.

I would not forget - and if I had to, I would cause myself to suffer even further, should it let me achieve our revenge against the Aridae. That, too, would be added to the things that it had done. It had caused this. So I, well, didn't. The Great Core's Paradox features a tiny snake created by a Dungeon Core. A particularly zealous one.

Then, with a snip, one of my puppets let it free. It was dead before it could even flee, crushed tight between my coils and dropped between my jaws. I flinched as a barbed tendril caught vulnerable mouth-flesh on the way down, the touch setting off a burning, painful spark that zapped across my mouth-flesh. I waited by the shore, salivating at the thought of what was to come. It took a great many hours, but proved more than worth the wait. I ignored the marks of the bad-things that littered the stone, choosing instead to search up high. It didn’t take much searching to find the networks of shimmering thread that crisscrossed the stone-spikes above. Surprisingly I didn't know that the protagonist was gonna be a cute little danger noodle, a snek! I didn't know the author, but I did suspect that Zendran posted on the Royal Road because of the nom de plume. What I did know was that the amazing Peter Berkrot was the narrator, and the book was published by Aethon, who tends to provide amazing books for the discerning SF&F reader! The Great Core had saved me when all was lost. I would never doubt again. I could never doubt again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment