276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Woman on the Bridge: You saw The Girl on the Train. You watched The Woman in the Window. Now meet The Woman on the Bridge

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Charlotte is getting her Toyko Drift on when she sees Maggie in a wedding dress standing on the edge of a bridge. After rescuing her, the two become instant besties... but their friendship comes at a price. Kaufman and Severo decided to confront Kahane with what they’d learned. They engaged him at a television studio in New York, where Kahane had just finished taping The David Susskind Show. Kahane and the two reporters went upstairs to an empty office. This is well written and the descriptions of the war, are expertly executed. Sheila O’Flanagan makes the reader believe that they are actually part of the plot. The driver sped to the foot of the bridge and alerted the two patrolmen on duty. When they drove out across the bridge, they spotted Laura running along the pedestrian path. Estelle was not with her.

The Woman On The Bridge is bestselling author Sheila O’Flanagan’s first foray into historical romance and what a debut into the genre! Sheila’s immersive storytelling and beautiful prose transports the reader to 1920’s Dublin during the ‘Troubles’, perfectly capturing the bleak and hopeless atmosphere of these times as Ireland tears itself apart through conflict, and family and friends are forced to choose allegiance. This isn’t an area of history that I know much about, so I found the story fascinating and insightful. On a dark cold evening Charlotte spots a woman perched atop a bridge, ready to fall. Maggie is trapped, dumped on her wedding day and desperate to end it all. All in all: do not waste your time. Holly Seddon has better books than this and I know she can write better too. This was really disappointing from an author who has showed she can take on serious subjects. I can see this being very popular and having commercial success, but I don't think it's a fair representation of her skill. Oh well, I guess get the bag? And the free Tesla I hope. If I start getting targeted ads from Tesla, I know why. I love historical fiction and it was so refreshing to read some of Ireland's history, which I really found eye opening. The writing was written in a style that allowed the reader to become engrossed and provided emotion throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed this character-driven psychological thriller. It’s full of suspense, immensely intriguing like I said earlier, and it held my attention from start to finish. It is so cleverly plotted, addictive, offering fantastic psychological insight and, I also said this before but it bears repeating, unpredictable. The tension builds up as the story goes on and I was utterly unable to work out how things would end. Speaking of the end, holy fudge, … so brutally chilling, it sent shivers down my spine! Awful but great characters, superb descriptive writing, at times darkly comical almost farcical and yet a real insight into human beings and how magical a new ‘friendship’ can be ( even when based on a tale so tall you cant see over it ) Winnie’s development, both emotionally and politically, is interesting. From a family of six children, she is the only one living at home with her parents. (Home is just two rooms but in a well-maintained property, unlike the tenements that many families lived in at the time.) Winnie’s parents are ambivalent about religion and appalled by the violence that is rife in Dublin. On the worst night of her life, in the middle of nowhere, lonely Charlotte Wilderwood saves a runaway bride from falling to her death.

A stranger in need - would you invite them into your home? The electrifying new thriller from Holly Seddon. Despite her misgivings, the alluring young man, Joseph Burke, draws Winnie into politics that she’d rather avoid. Not because she doesn’t want freedom: she does. But even more, she wants to keep her family safe – and her father has already been shot. But there is no safety for anyone. Her father had been an innocent bystander, and Winnie’s troubles escalate as she becomes drawn into Joseph’s family and their struggle for a republic. The plot worked really well, the characters are very delightful and believable, the subject matter is delicate but written with compassion and the setting is welcoming although bleak during the fight for independence. Joseph and Winnie are like chalk and cheese. While Winnie is happy to keep to the shadows, Joseph is on the front line fighting for his country’s freedom. With his family sheltering fugitives and smuggling weapons, Winnie is fully aware that if she gets involved with him, she would be swapping her quiet and sedate existence for risk, jeopardy and danger on a daily basis. Joseph would not let a single hair on Winnie’s head to be harmed, but with his family demanding full commitment to the cause, will she choose the man she has fallen head over heels in love with over her family’s safety? Or will she wait for a time of peace that might never come? Now these two women are brought together in tragic circumstances they will make a decision that will alter their lives forever!Estelle Evans and two patrolmen hold onto a life preserver after Evans jumped off the Queensboro Bridge. There’s no record of her graduating from Harding High, but she may have switched to another school to complete her studies. She moved to New York City around the age of 18 in hope of launching an acting career, but there are no records to prove how long she stayed. Whatever the case, by the spring of 1966, the 22-year-old’s dark-haired, olive-skinned, blue-eyed beauty opened the door for modeling jobs in Manhattan. Girl Bridge Leaper” showing signs of improvement. But Estelle’s injuries proved too severe to be survivable. She died at 6:40 in the morning on August 1. Established author and contemporary fiction writer Sheila O’Flanagan delves into the world of historical fiction for her newest creative novel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment