276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fujifilm XF10-24 mm F4 R Optical Image Stabiliser Lens

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The all-metal filter ring is a pleasant surprise compared to the plastic rubbish from Nikon and Canon. When Fuji first announced its X system, the widest lens in the line-up was the compact XF 18mm f/2 R. Although the company followed up with the wider XF 14mm f/2.8 R later that year, many photographers including myself, were really hoping to see an ultra-wide angle zoom that would cover the 14-24mm full-frame equivalent range. So when the XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS was finally released a year later, I bought a copy for myself right after acquiring the Fuji X-T1. I did it without hesitation because I found the lens to be exactly what I needed – it coupled extremely well with my X-T1, and unlike my Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G, it could take filters. So it became a part of my “go-to” kit for travel photography needs. X-T2 + XF10-24mmF4 R OIS @ 15.9mm, ISO 200, 1/2, f/11.0

The zoom function all happens internally so there’s no barrel extension and retraction – this keeps the lens at a neat ø78.0mm x 87mm (3.07″ x 3.42″). The filter thread is 72mm meaning that there will be lots of third party filters and kits ideal for this size lens.

The zoom ring is also slightly slimmer than on the previous version, by 2mm, again contributing to the 25g weight saving. At the 24mm focal length the Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR lens has an angle of view of 61.2 degrees. Chromatic Aberrations

With the lens set to its maximum aperture of f/4, there is some obvious light fall-off in the corners, requiring you to stop down by at least 3 f-stops to completely prevent it. Distortion Similar to other high-quality Fujinon lenses, the build quality of the Fuji XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS is excellent. The lens barrel is made from a combination of tough plastic and metal. The focus and aperture rings, along with the rear mount and the front part of the lens (including the filter thread) are all metal, so the lens is built to last. X-T1 + XF10-24mmF4 R OIS @ 10mm, ISO 200, 30/1, f/11.0

Intro

Personally, I like having the XF 10-24mm F4 OIS in my arsenal, but it’s the sort of lens I would only bring with me when I’m specifically going out to shoot subject matter that calls for it. I shot some real estate recently and it was perfect for that. In the original conclusion to this article, I figured it would be a staple in my travel bag. As it turns out, I might leave it behind on vacation now too.

With a 7-blade rounded diaphragm I get 14-pointed sunstars on brilliant points of light only at the smallest apertures. From 14mm to 24mm, it's always super sharp throughout most of the image. The farthest corners can be a little softer at f/4, and they're all super-sharp by f/5.6. The aperture ring is only half an aperture ring; it's only an encoder to a computer and works like a generic command dial. It's not actually marked with apertures; you have to move the switch away from A to set an aperture manually.

Weight in grams

Fuji have made several key improvements to this new update, including an enhanced gyro sensor that provides more effective optical image stabilisation (OIS), which has been improved by a full f-stop from 2.5 stops to 3.5 stops when mounted on an un-stabilized X-series camera body.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment