276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dark Water: A totally gripping thriller with a killer twist (Detective Erika Foster Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was a 5-star satisfying and excellent read! I thought this was even better than the other two books in this series. How does this author do that? It was an all-around great read from start to finish which was intense and thrilling!

MY THOUGHTS: I love this series and Dark Water is an earlier book that I somehow missed reading when it was published.. It's a great addition to the series and I absolutely flew through this. It's fast paced and gripping. When Henry’s wife is murdered he’s forced to disappear. Nobody would believe he didn’t kill her. His sister, the only witness, won’t testify. His brother-in-law, the detective, doesn’t trust him. His mistress, the investigating pathologist, won’t help him. They all have their own secrets to protect. Bilott, Robert (2019). Exposure: poisoned water, corporate greed, and one lawyer's twenty-year battle against DuPont. New York: Atria Books. ISBN 9781501172816– via The Internet Archive. Rich, Nathaniel (January 6, 2016). "The Lawyer Who Became DuPont's Worst Nightmare". The New York Times Magazine. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on April 2, 2020 . Retrieved November 5, 2019. I'm the type of reader who does enjoy the occasional novella, especially if it's as dark and disturbing as this one. I like to be kept on my toes, while expecting an explosive ending. This read delivered on all those accounts. Why am I even surprised? Ariana is a hugely talented author who has a flair for creating the most sadistic of characters and narratives.This is an excellent book with good characters and a well crafted plot that is paced to perfection. It also introduces Precarious Passage (2016/2023), a limited-edition artwork based on Dark Water, Burning World (2016) and the British Museum publication A History of the World in 100 Objects (first published in 2010). I stumbled across this author with his first book in this series .. and fell in love with not only his writing, but the characters, as well.

Other real-life individuals affected by the environmental catastrophe in Parkersburg and who appear in the film, include Darlene and Joe Kiger, Crystal Wheeler and Amy Brode (Wilbur's daughters), Jim Tennant (Wilbur's brother), and Sarah and Rob Bilott. Teddy, Charlie and Tony Bilott (Sarah and Rob's sons) also appear in the film.This one is okay as a stand alone, but as usual, I always recommend starting at the beginning to absorb all those little nuggets of gold you might miss otherwise. Fluoroware, previously headquartered in Chaska, Minnesota, manufactures of Teflon Filters and Teflon components for health I loved the first two books, but this one seems richer somehow. Great, detailed writing; descriptions you wouldn't expect, like “there was an unpleasant smell: stale water, decay and a meaty aroma of bone marrow”.

Is the suspect someone close to home? Someone is keeping secrets. Someone who doesn’t want this case solved. And they’ll do anything to stop Erika from finding the truth. The opening chapter has her team searching a water filled, disused quarry, where a notorious local drug dealer is known to have dumped a large stash of heroin. The drugs are soon found, but their search also reveals the skeletal remains of 7 year old Jessica Collins. Jessica went missing 26 years ago - simply vanished into mid air.

BOOK OF THE YEAR** An ambitious and hugely enjoyable historical novel, full of literary echoes but with a voice all its own. Lowry plaits together a tale of mutiny and murder on the high seas with a sinister story of usurpation set in a 19th-century lunatic asylum. Hermann Melville mated with Wilkie Collins On September 21, 2018, it was announced that Todd Haynes would direct the film, then titled Dry Run, from a script by Matthew Michael Carnahan, which would be produced by Participant Media along with Mark Ruffalo. [10] In November 2018, Ruffalo was officially set to star in the film. [11] I got to know DCI Erika Foster in A Girl in the Ice then I got a deeper look and understanding of her in The Night Stalker and admire how she has grown in Dark Waters. She has become one of my favourite characters and I look forward to more of her in The Last Breath. I did enjoy the twisted love triangle which is tailored made for noir enthusiasts - this is an element that could have been fleshed out more to provide added depth to the characters and plot. It was a cold night in late autumn when they dumped the body in the disused quarry. They knew it was an isolated spot, and the water was very deep. What they didn't know was that they were being watched.

First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Robert Bryndza and Bookouture for providing me with a copy of this book, which allows me to provide you with this review.The case proves to be complex as Erika unravels both new evidence along with the old as she tries to learn more about both the Collins family and Amanda Baker who was the original detective. Kiesewetter, John (13 January 2020). "No Oscar Nominations For Cincinnati's 'Dark Waters' ". www.wvxu.org . Retrieved 2021-06-12. I absolutely love DCI Erika Foster as she has mellowed ever so slightly in DARK WATER but is still that extremely likeable, interesting, entertaining, strong character and is just as cutting and determined to get results. When he's not writing Rob is learning Slovak, trying to train two crazy dogs, or watching Grand Designs all in the hope that hell be able to understand his mother-in-law, build his dream house, and get the dogs to listen. This beautifully written, ambitious exploration of human motivation, lies, violence and the will to survive is terrific. Exciting, spiked with high gothic and clever characterisation, it chips away at our notions of insanity

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment