276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tifosi Unisex Swick Single Lens Eyewear

£15£30Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alternatively, you might simply put more value in getting the correct colour - or a neutral colour - to match your kit. Are all cheap cycling sunglasses equally safe? Personally, I don't always want technical riding sunglasses in the same way that I don't always want to wear Lycra or use clipless pedals. Sometimes I like to ride my bike without – controversial, this one – actually looking like I'm riding my bike when I'm not on it, and these glasses fit in with that narrative very nicely.

Most sailors will opt for polarized sunglasses. If you haven’t tried them before and don’t know what the fuss is about, ask to try someone else’s next time you’re out on the water. Tip your head on one side to see what things look like with dark glasses, then look normally to see how much additional glare the polarization cuts out and you’ll be amazed. Everyone’s face is different, and finding ones that fit comfortably and securely in a style that you like will take a certain amount of trying on. Most brands carry multiple styles, however, that use the same ideas and technologies to suit a range of wearers. At a budget price point, you aren't going to get the best optics in terms of contrast and glare reduction. The kind of lenses that vividly enhance every detail on your ride in all light conditions cost a lot of money. As the cheapest shades in our polarized sunglasses for sailors test, we weren’t expecting much from these, but were pleasantly surprised when we took them out of the box as they looked and felt pretty good for such a budget pair.

FOLLOW US ON

Looking straight into the sunlight, the far horizon and navigation mark is still visible, thanks to the polarization. This is looking through the Oakley Leffingwell Prizm lens. These are a reasonable pair of shades at a reasonable price, and will serve well on and off the water, but they don’t reach the standards of the best glasses in this test. Don’t be put off by the name. Dirty Dog have been around for years, and make glasses that many sailors have used for a long time, such is their build quality. With a whole wealth of styles available, we were testing a ‘unisex’ style, although the fit and shape were rather wide.

American brand Oakley have long led the way in innovative, top-quality sunglasses, and have a price-tag to match. One of their many new models is the Leffingwell, which comes with frames made from a plant-based plastic.Grip on the head was reasonable but not much more than those without rubber, the grips perhaps compensating for the wider more comfortable fit. Style wise, these might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but they do their job well and would double up for other sports. The bike is a Christmas present and so will not see any use for about 5 weeks as we are in November now. When buying sunglasses, there are plenty of features and variables to consider that will make one pair better for you than another. Things like adjustability, weight, style, size, colour, and added features like replacement lenses will all carry a certain amount of weight, and by understanding how each will affect your ride, you can make an informed decision on what's the best. Suitability: Trail activities ranging from hiking to biking at sea level and in lower hills, plus general beach and bar wear

They do have some downsides, however, including the frustrating characteristic that they can make it hard to see digital screens and instrument read-outs at certain angles. Like buying clothing or footwear, finding the right pair of sunglasses is a hugely personal choice. Polarized sunglasses for sailors: 9 pairs tested Prescription lenses: If you wear prescription glasses, you will need a pair of sunglasses that can be fitted with prescription lenses. Category 0 lenses are either clear or have a very light tint, letting in between 80 and 100 per cent of light. They are best for night riding when light is already low. They offer no side protection from glare, which might be an issue in some circumstances, but this means there’s a good amount of ventilation, and I haven’t experienced any major fogging problems. BBB’s design team has managed to create a uniquely styled frame, that is both light and ergonomically what you would expect from sunglasses at twice the price. The Avenger comes with three interchangeable lenses and offers 100 per cent UV protection. How to choose the right cheap cycling sunglasses What should you prioritise and what can you compromise?Finance is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. Performance Cycling Limited FRN: 720557 trading as Tredz are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker not a lender – credit is subject to status and affordability and is provided by Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC. Terms & Conditions Apply. Our shatterproof polycarbonate lenses offer the ultimate protection for your eyes. With UVA and UVB protection, Swank shields your eyes from harmful UV rays, allowing you to focus on what you love. These scratch-resistant lenses are available in a spectrum of popular colors, allowing you to express your unique style while enhancing your vision.

Polarization, by measuring the LUX reduction between vertically and horizontally rotated lenses, whilst aimed at a flat metal surface reflecting direct sunlight, replicating water glare The Tifosi Swank Single Lens Sunglasess are genuinely useful on the bike, but also don't look out of place mooching down to the pub or coffee shop. Increased productivity: When our eyes are tired and strained, it can be difficult to focus and be productive. By wearing blue light lenses, we can keep our eyes feeling fresh and increase our productivity. With a light transmission range from 27.7% to 75.9%, the Tifosis can be used in complete darkness and all but the brightest summer sunshine, coping with the changing weather conditions that can happen during a ride, or the transition between sunshine and shade.Lens colors: New Blue / Smoke Yellow / Smoke Red / Smoke Yellow / Smoke Bright Blue / Smoke / Brown / Clear / Smoke The only real niggle I have with the glasses concerns their arms, which are quite long and curved downwards. I've got quite a big head, but even so the arms extend at least a couple of centimetres past the point where they rest on my ears. Generally, this wasn't a problem, but it did mean that they wouldn't sit well with some helmets. I tried them with three helmets that I currently have around the house. They were entirely fine with a Livall helmet I was testing, but they occasionally got nudged by my Ekoï helmet, and really didn't get on all that well with my main helmet, which is a Kask Infinity. Here, the long arms ran foul of the plastic cage that grips the head and this often led to the glasses being pushed forward off my nose. So if you wear a helmet that wraps close behind your ears, just be aware that you might have a similar issue.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment