276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How They Broke Britain

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The worst part of the book infact -given he is an upper class public school boy from a boarding school - is reading his letter that he wrote to his school masters. Just name calling. Verbal diarrhoea postive. Its so bad... not bad, but BAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD – I had to *breath* slowly - a lot- though these chapters to get through(1-2)... Iain Duncan Smith: Remembering the time former Work and Pensions Secretary clashed with James O'Brien". The Independent. 19 March 2016 . Retrieved 9 February 2018.

Wearing a baseball cap and trainers, O’Brien is quiet and looks a little dazed as we wait for pre-interview coffee. He has come straight from his show, three hours of frenetic talk radio on LBC, which “can be tiring”, he admits. Somewhat incredibly, he has been doing this now for almost 20 years, although many listeners only started paying attention in the lead-up to Brexit, which is when O’Brien became a household name. James O'Brien pledează pentru importanța schimbării opiniilor, insistând că degeaba ai o minte dacă nu ești dispus să o folosești pentru a-ți reconsidera propriile convingeri. a b Moshakis, Alex (24 October 2020). "James O'Brien: 'I saw everything as a fight' ". The Observer. ISSN 0029-7712 . Retrieved 3 November 2020. Every day, James O’Brien listens to people blaming hard-working immigrants for stealing their jobs while scrounging benefits, and pointing their fingers at the EU and feminists for destroying Britain. But what makes James’s daily LBC show such essential listening – and has made James a standout social media star – is the incisive way he punctures their assumptions and dismantles their arguments live on air, every single morning.But as you move through the chapters, and you reflect on this cache of incompetents and fantasists it makes you feel angry. I get the fact that not everyone is made to be a fantastic leader but we should never accept liars and ‘faux patriotism’. James, Clive (13 December 2012). The Meaning of Recognition: New Essays 2001-2005. p.152. ISBN 9780330527170.

James O'Brien on changing the mind of his toughest opponent yet: himself". www.penguin.co.uk. 22 October 2020 . Retrieved 16 June 2021. I went on a bit of a journey with this book. At first it made me sad and to be honest a little depressed. This book aims to encourage us to do the same: to examine the most steadfast of our opinions and ask why: to examine the other viewpoint open mindedly rather than with the intent to rubbish it; to listen to that little voice that sometimes talks inside our head; and to actively listen to other people because their personal opinions have drawn them to a different conclusion., and it's interesting and enlightening to find out why. He asks us to be aware of our unconscious biases and try to look outside our usual reading material. We all surround ourselves with friends who have similar opinions, and read media that aligns with how we think about the world. We could do better: to read other media, to see the other side of the story may lead to a better understanding of why people think differently. It may also lead you to change your own opinions at times - not a bad thing!Everyone here is “awful” or “stupid”. Jeremy Corbyn is “pitiful”, Liz Truss merely “over-promoted”. Intriguingly, he seems almost fond of Dominic Cummings. “He’s clearly mad as a box of frogs, but I think he is driven by demons rather than defined by them.” He tends to write like some kind of prophet of doom and is blinkered to the history he doesn’t want to discuss if it means he is to admit his mistakes in judgement. Notably the ‘Carl Beech’ fiasco among many. Given O’Brien has written a book on how Britain is broken, I wonder if he has any idea how it might be fixed again. Does he believe in Starmer’s ability to sort it?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment