276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crawford's Biscuits Cheese Savouries 325 G

£3.39£6.78Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Allow for 4 sandwiches per person, ideally a different flavour each time, but ultimately, go with what will make your diners happy. If you are tempted to lay on your own afternoon tea for family or friends some beautiful crockery will go a long way to help create an elegant table worthy of all the goodies that afternoon tea entails. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you always read the actual product label carefully before using or consuming any product. I doubled the recipe and added paprika and for 4 adults and a small toddler we had plenty, although a triple batch would have been demolished as well! In fact, I drew up a shortlist of 10 different ideas for afternoon tea sandwiches and had each person in my family pick their favourite.

My top tip when making afternoon tea sandwiches is to make them as near to serving time as feasible to ensure they are as fresh as they possibly can be. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The cheese savoury sandwich originates in Northern England and usually comprises cheese, carrot, onion and salad cream.One thing that people in the North East are good at is creating tasty filling recipes using basic ingredients. Try mighty oats from Mornflake, gluten free options from Freee, or tasty granola from Dorset Cereals: you'll be spoilt for choice. Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8 inch, and use a 1 or 1 ½ inch cutter to cut out biscuits. Charlotte also pointed out, “The secret to the deliciousness of these crackers is that they are 3/4 fat [cheese and butter] and 1/4 flour!

My eldest is starting a new class at child care and is now required to take a lunch-box, and my youngest has started eating solids. So here we have a thoooroughly cheesey, extremely pungent rendition of a cheese straw or cracker, or a wholesome Cheez-it, if you will. Sometimes those cheese cravings hit and that's when you need this savoury cheese and paprika biscuits recipe!The baking paper is a life-saver for clean up and also a great way to prevent dough from drying out when flour is added to stop it sticking. I missed you all last week, the cold-and-flu gods have not been kind to me and my voice is still not back to normal yet!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment