276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The LEGO Story: How a Little Toy Sparked the World's Imagination

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hours of fun for a child’s imagination! Open-ended, battery-free toys help boost kids’ group play and problem-solving skills or give them the joy of creating new stories on their own through independent play. What treasures can be discovered under the sea? Kids can flex their creativity and role-play skills as they explore the beach or swim around with Disney’s Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian as they imagine familiar stories in new ways. I listened to the audiobook while following along with the physical book and while I think the narrator did an excellent job, the book is visually stunning. I appreciate that there is a pdf file with the pictures included in the book, but it just fits better to be following along with the book and see the picture places into the story exactly when they’re supposed to be (as opposed to one after another in the pdf file). I really did appreciate how many photos were included, and the variety of them. Give children detailed characters and places to play with in LEGO® ǀ Disney sets. This imaginative Disney’s Little Mermaid playset offers cute story starters and encourages open creative play to build important skills.

The LEGO Story: How a Little Toy Sparked the World's Imagination is a fantastic book that I highly recommend! Open the toy book and the play begins. Easy-to-follow instructions help make building a snap, giving kids lots of creative excitement and the joy of imagining new adventures or replaying well-known ones in the book. Any fan of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will love this set. The collectible book toy reveals a complete micro-world to thrill any child as a great Christmas, birthday or anytime gift for boys and girls aged 5+. Give children detailed characters and places to play with in LEGO® ǀ Disney collectible toy sets. This imaginative Disney’s Beauty and the Beast playset offers cute story starters and encourages open creative play to build important skills. Alternately admiring and critical, unvarnished, and a closely detailed account of a troubled innovator.As this is an authorised biography though, Kjeld’s voice is present throughout. Direct, lengthy quotes from the man who shaped the modern LEGO company reveal his reflections on the events that Jens Andersen is presenting. These are absolutely fascinating, sometimes providing an amusing bit of colour, sometimes giving his perspective from the time and sometimes – in the book’s most interesting passages – giving his reflections now on what occurred decades prior. This book tells the extraordinary story of a global company and a Danish family who for ninety years have defended children’s right to play—and who believe grown-ups, too, should make the time to nurture their inner child. The LEGO Story is built on Jens Andersen’s unique access to LEGO’s own archives, as well as on Andersen’s extensive conversations with Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, former president and CEO of the LEGO group and grandson of its founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen. I appreciated the PDF companion that came with the audiobook since all the names and major players got a bit confusing after a while (there's an included family tree). The PDF also included photos of places, people, items, etc referenced in the text. The narration by Peter Cross was really fantastic and the audiobook was an enjoyable listening experience. My daughter is an 8th grade science and robotics teacher; she utilizes LEGO parts and LEGO coding for her students to build what they want as well as build specific items.

The LEGO Story was a really interesting listen about the history and evolution of the company and the family behind it. I've loved LEGO since I was a child and my own children have become fans as well, so it was fun to get this in depth behind the scenes look. The material was at times dense (especially the business aspects), but I thought the information was well organized and painted a great overview of the company's journey. This isn't a book about the LEGO toys themselves, though the development of the toys are discussed. This is a book about the Christiansen/Kristiansen family and their struggles and triumphs in creating the LEGO brand.A riveting cultural history of changing generations’ views of childhood and the importance of play, The LEGO Story also a fascinating case study of how innovation and creativity helped leaders transform LEGO from a small carpentry business into the world’s largest producer of play materials and one of the most beloved brands in the world. Richly illustrated with never-before-seen photos from the family’s private archive, this is the ultimate book for fans of LEGO, revealing everything you ever wanted to know about the brand. Encourage creative role play with this LEGO® ǀ Disney (43176) set, with Disney Princess Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian and Prince Eric. Great for kids and fans of Disney’s Little Mermaid. Play starts when the book opens! A riveting cultural history of changing generations’ views of childhood and the importance of play, The LEGO Story also a fascinating case study of how innovation and creativity helped leaders transform LEGO from a small carpentry business into the world’s largest producer of play materials and one of the most beloved brands in the world. Richly illustrated with never-before-seen photos from the family’s private archive, this is the ultimate book for fans of LEGO, revealing everything you ever wanted to know about the brand. A warts-and-all portrait of the famed techno-entrepreneur—and the warts are nearly beyond counting. This book tells the story of how my family built the LEGO brand." —Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, former President/CEO of the LEGO Group and 3rd generation owner

This book tells the story of how my family built the LEGO brand. --Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, former President/CEO of the LEGO Group and 3rd generation owner The definitive history of LEGO, based on unprecedented access to the company’s archives and rare interviews with the founding family who still owns the company Open the toy book and the play begins. Easy-to-follow instructions help make building a snap, giving kids the joy of imagining new scenarios and lots of creative excitement with the well-known ones in the book. Encourage role play with this LEGO® ǀ Disney (43177) set, featuring Disney Princess Belle, Beast, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth and Wardrobe. Makes a great gift for kids and fans. Play starts when the book opens! Still, there is definitely value here for those who are into these types of stories. Just be warned that it can be a bit dry and it's probably more for people who are hardcore into LEGO and want to know more about the family behind it, perhaps business-types who are curious to see how a brand can change and adapt and evolve with the times, etc. If you're someone who is casually interested, this might not be for you.This book tells the extraordinary story of a global company and a Danish family who for ninety years have defended children’s right to play—and who believe grown-ups, too, should make the time to nurture their inner child. The LEGO Story is built on Jens Andersen’s unique access to LEGO’s own archives, as well as on Andersen’s extensive conversations with Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, former president and CEO of the LEGO group and grandson of its founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen. The LEGO Story: How a Little Toy Sparked the World’s Imagination is an inside look at the origins of one of the coolest companies. LEGO was originally founded in 1932, by Ole Kirk Kristiansen as a wooden toy company in Denmark. Savings from Ole Kirk’s wife, Sofie, allowed the company to continue, saving it from bankruptcy twice. The company faced challenges with fires, debts, minimal credit resources and limited supplies at times as a result of war. The last chapter, Inheritance, was a lot less compelling than the rest of the book. Of course, that is in part because it is recent history, and it remains to be seen if Lego can continue the current run. What secrets lie behind the door? Kids can flex their role-play and creative skills as they uncover the mysteries of the castle. The magical rose, a place for Disney’s Belle to sleep, even a dance floor await discovery inside. The extraordinary inside story of LEGO, based on unprecedented access to the company's archives and rare interviews with the founding family that still owns the company

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment