276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Alcohol Experiment: How to Take Control of Your Drinking and Enjoy Being Sober for Good

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yeah. So, the Alcohol Experiment is in the app store, just search alcohol experiment, or this naked mind. And also, alcohol experiment calm, and it’s always free. So instead of the book, you’re just watching videos, you can do it along with a book if you want to, but it’s daily videos with all the same information within a community of people. So, it’s really cool. And then I should also since this is a podcast audience mentioned, I have This Naked Mind Podcast, which is always there and available for people as well. Welcome to another transformative episode of the This Naked Mind podcast. I'm Annie Grace, and today, we have the privilege of delving deep into the profound insights of Dr. Ben Hardy. Together, we challenge the notion that willpower alone is the answer to overcoming challenges like addiction. As the author of "10x Is Easier Than 2x," Ben Hardy offers a refreshing perspective on how embracing your future self and redefining your past can lead to powerful and lasting change. This conversation promises to shift your perspective and empower your journey towards a better, more authentic self.

The Alcohol Experiment by Annie Grace | Waterstones

Yeah, that is incredible. You’re reaching so many people. I love it. Well, thank you so much for your time. I truly appreciate it. This is my 100th episode. My, can’t imagine a better, better guest to have on. Quit Like a Woman: The Radical Choice to Not Drink in a Culture Obsessed with Alcohol by Holly Whitaker

I’m not ready

Daily LIVE group coaching. The power is here - we don’t want you to have to go through this experiment alone! Get your questions answered. Have your breakthroughs with a like-minded community. Make sense of your emotions without feeling isolated. Our coaches are highly trained to ensure your success. And then the second one is curiosity. And I think those things go hand in hand, because when you are approaching whatever situation, it is with curiosity, you will awaken possibility. So as an example, if I’m going into a happy hour, and I haven’t, I mean, in my case, I hadn’t been at a happy hour without drinking, except when I was pregnant for like, more than a decade. And I’m walking into this happy hour. And I have this for sure narrative in my head that this is going to be miserable minus will not even be here, what is even the point? I promise it will be miserable. But if I just allow a little bit of curiosity to instead of okay, maybe it won’t, I don’t know that for sure. I haven’t actually done it in a decade, I actually have no idea what it’s like to walk into a happy hour and drink iced tea instead of you know, a martini, I’ve no idea what that experience is like, what might it be? Oh, my goodness, that opens up a whole new realm of possibility and experience. And inevitably, when people do those sorts of experiments on themselves, they walk out of it, and I’m like, Whoa, it wasn’t that bad. Or sometimes it was even fun. Charlotte shares her story of being young and alcohol-free. Many of us wait until decades of drinking and poor decisions lead us to [...] Making rules for yourself, like no drinking until Thursday, or Friday, or 5pm, or maybe noon during this Coronavirus… and breaking every rule. Sometimes you need an extra boost of momentum and encouragement to create lasting, lifelong change. Willpower fades! That is why I’ve created the 100 Days of Lasting Change (key word – lasting!)

The Alcohol Experiment: Expanded Edition by Annie Grace

From wine-loving and party-going to newfound freedom in sobriety, this is Sally's story. Sally is a mother of two in her mid-40s, and [...] In this exclusive episode, Annie Grace joins The PATH:365 members to offer coaching, research insights, and her personal experiences. We delve into mental health medication and stopping drinking, gaining valuable insights into this critical aspect of the journey. Annie Grace's expertise and compassion shine as she guides us through the concept of 'the pause' and its role along The PATH. Uncover the wisdom she shares about maintaining your mental well-being while working towards living and thriving alcohol-free.I'm sitting on my front porch, enjoying coffee and watching my hummingbirds, on what looks to be the start of a beautiful spring [...] Learn how to let go of alcohol as a coping mechanism, how to shift your mindset about sobriety and change your drinking habits, how to create healthy routines to cope with anxiety, people pleasing and perfectionism, the importance of self-care in early sobriety, and why you don’t need to be an alcoholic to live an alcohol free life. Whether you know you want to stop drinking and live an alcohol free life, are sober curious, or are in recovery this podcast is for you. Yeah. And it’s such a spectrum, right? I mean, in terms of alcohol is addictive, and the degree to which it takes control of your life or your thoughts, or you know, your habits, that I think that one of the things that people love about your work is that it’s judgment free. Because once you stopped drinking and get immersed in the world of other people who’ve stopped drinking, you know, we can use language that people don’t understand, or that completely turns them off. And I know I was this way, right? Like, even when we just say, sober, or sobriety or recovery or addiction, or the really, really high barrier term of alcoholic, it can be like, I’m not that or I don’t want that. Therefore, it isn’t for me to even look at my alcohol consumption, even though I’m worried about it.

Programs - This Naked Mind

Yeah, and I know so many women are familiar with your work but there are also some women who are entirely new to looking at their drinking their questions. They’re drinking or being worried about it. Can you talk a little bit about that third way your approach? As a self-professed former wine enthusiast and author of books delving into the intricate relationship between alcohol and our minds, I've often pondered [...] So, you know, my story just kind of in a nutshell was that I didn’t drink too much in high school or college, you know, here and there and the odd time, but I certainly wasn’t someone who jumped in with both feet. And I think that when you do jump in with both feet, there’s some very specific reasons as to why it’s often involved in just the everyday life for you, as a level of pain in it. And so that first drink by removing pain to some degree, because we do know, alcohol does numb the brain, I mean, it literally makes it harder for you to think it slows down your synapses. And so, what felt like just a racing mind can feel better for a short period of time. But that wasn’t me. And that wasn’t my experience. And now, let’s dive into this very special episode. And I could not think of a more perfect guest for this milestone than Annie Grace. I am truly honored to have her on the show and to share her work. And this first book, This Naked Mind was published just four months before I quit drinking six years ago. So, it was one of the first books I read on this path and helped me so much. Both the book This Naked Mind and Annie’s second book, The Alcohol Experiment, are ones that so many women cite as the intro to shifting their perspective on drinking and one of the tools that really helped them on the path to deciding that alcohol isn’t a substance that’s making their lives better or that they want or need in their lives. When I did a podcast episode on the Best Quit Lit for women, I asked all these women I know to record what books helped them and to tell me why. And This Naked Mind was at the top of the list for many women. One woman said that Annie’s book was a relief, because it opened her eyes to all of this subconscious messaging, telling her that drinking was going to bring her connection and happiness and excitement and love. And another told me that Annie made a huge impact on her life that Annie’s book was the first she’d ever read. And the way any gently and kindly explained about the addictive trap of alcohol, brought tears to her eyes. She said, I always hated myself for being so weak until Annie’s book educated me and started me down the path of where I am now. Annie Grace shares a deeply personal and transformative conversation on this week’s episode with our inspiring guest Linda. Linda shares her remarkable journey of how she overcame alcohol problems and adoptee challenges. Together, Annie and Linda explore the intersections of alcohol issues and adoptee identity, family factors that can influence our drinking, moving beyond the 12-steps and more.

Working...

You follow up every challenging situation with, “At least I have my wine” or “I could really use a drink”. Allison's life was intertwined with alcohol from an early age. From the moment she took her first sip of whiskey at her christening [...] Welcome to part two of this special series from This Naked Mind, hosted by Annie Grace. In this week's special 2-part episode, we're thrilled to again feature how Annie Grace’s husband stopped drinking with This Naked Mind. Join as we delve into Annie and Brian’s unique journey,discussing what it was like for Brian when Annie decided to stop drinking, why he continued drinking during her journey, and how he accidentally stopped drinking with This Naked Mind. Absolutely. And that is a fantastic podcast, and you have like 400 episodes or more. Is that right? You’re of two minds about drinking -- you both want to drink less but also feel like something is missing whenever you abstain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment