276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Living Dangerously: The Autobiography of Ranulph Fiennes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, 3rd Baronet OBE (born 7 March 1944), commonly known as Sir Ranulph Fiennes ( / ˈ r æ n ʌ l f ˈ f aɪ n z/) and sometimes as Ran Fiennes, [a] is a British explorer, writer and poet, who holds several endurance records. Sir Ranulph Fiennes, (born March 7, 1944, Windsor, Berkshire, England), British adventurer, pioneering polar explorer, and writer, who, among his many exploits, in 1979–82 led the first north-south surface circumnavigation of the world (i.e., along a meridian). I can’t think that anybody could be disappointed in a person who chose to confront his vertigo by climbing Everest for charity. And given the rapturous applause and admiration that filled the spectacular Grand Hall at the end of the evening, it was clear that he certainly hadn’t disappointed the audience. What a wonderful night!

Clarke, Cath (13 July 2022). "Explorer review – Ranulph Fiennes on frostbite, family and James Bond". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 4 September 2022 . Retrieved 4 September 2022. I said yes because I didn’t want to be unpopular with the client. I sort of opened my eyes as we left the platform, but I then kept them shut for the rest of the ride. Fiennes embarked on a lecture tour, where in Cheshire he met Louise Millington, whom he married at St Boniface's Church, Bunbury, one year and three weeks after Ginny's death. A daughter, Elizabeth, was born in April 2006. He also has a stepson named Alexander. In 2007 Millington was interviewed by The Daily Telegraph to help raise money for the Philip Leverhulme Equine Hospital in Cheshire. [33]Jinman, Richard (19 February 2019). "Sir Ranulph Fiennes on rivalry, pain and the storage of amputated fingers". Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 22 February 2019 . Retrieved 4 August 2021. before, you are even more likely to get it again. The mountains that you can actually climb when you are in your 70s have to be much lower than the ones you could have climbed before. There are only three of them out of seven that I haven’t done, so it’s very annoying. I’m sure someone else will complete it soon.” Fascination with explorers

Fiennes married his childhood sweetheart, and fellow adventurer, Virginia ("Ginny") Pepper on 9 September 1970. They ran a country farm estate in Exmoor, Somerset, where they raised cattle and sheep. Ginny built up a herd of Aberdeen Angus cattle while Fiennes was away on his expeditions. She was the first woman to receive the Polar Medal in recognition of her research work into VLF radio propagation. She also conceived, organised and participated in the Transglobe Expedition. The two remained married until her death from stomach cancer in February 2004. [32]Freeze Frame» Transglobe Expedition 1979-82". freezeframe.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 25 May 2018 . Retrieved 25 May 2018. It’s pretty simple: don’t allow yourself to think below your feet at all. It seems obvious but don’t look down. The north face of the Eiger has killed off 80 people but I could only do it because of that guy.” A fragile planet

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment