276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wonderland

£2.875£5.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b c d e f g h i Tangari, Joe (16 January 2002). "The Charlatans UK: Wonderland". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015 . Retrieved 27 March 2015. Their eleventh studio album, Who We Touch, was released on 6 September 2010 on Cooking Vinyl Records and included the single "Love Is Ending". The album charted at No.21 in the UK Albums Chart. 2010 also saw the twentieth anniversary of the band's debut album Some Friendly, which they played live at Primavera Sound Festival 2010. [14]

South Country Boys". NME. 21 December 2001. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023.Wonderland bears the stamp of his new environment, and you might expect him to be raising a glass to Curtis Mayfield or the Rolling Stones rather than Lennon; the sound is distinctively 1970s California rather than 1990s Madchester, and Burgess has developed a kind of Mayfield falsetto that is at first disconcerting, then strangely exhilarating. It's music that makes you want to drive a convertible along a coastal freeway with the volume at 10, which is exactly the point. Martin, Richard A., ed. (10 December 2001). "To Tour or Not to Tour?". CMJ New Music Report. 69 (742). ISSN 0890-0795. Archived from the original on 4 February 2023 . Retrieved 3 February 2023. Singles A Man Needs to Be Told". The Charlatans. Archived from the original on 25 May 2006 . Retrieved 2 February 2023. The singer was living for the moment. "I was kind of in it just thinking it was the right thing to be doing at that time," he says. "Obviously I was a massive music fan and it was what I really wanted to be doing. But I had no clue [how long it would last]. I didn't really think it would last for longer than a year, maybe. Maybe we could do one album. And I had no real idea what to do after that... But it just felt so great. We'd all been in bands before and we just all knew that we had a chemistry, something that was unexplained and something that we all believed in."

Live 'Wonderland' ". NME. 18 June 2002. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023. Maine, Samantha (20 March 2017). "The Charlatans announce new album featuring Paul Weller, Kurt Wagner and Johnny Marr". NME. Time Inc. UK . Retrieved 20 March 2017. Charlatans Live Footage". Dotmusic. 21 March 2002. Archived from the original on 1 November 2002 . Retrieved 4 February 2023.

Charlatans Cancel US Tour". NME. 12 September 2001. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023. Complaints Force Charlatans to Withdraw Single Ad Campaign". NME. 11 September 2001. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023. Pretty Indecisive". NME. 5 April 2002. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023. a b c d e McManus, Luke (13 September 2001). "The Charlatans – Wonderland". RTÉ.ie. Archived from the original on 23 April 2002 . Retrieved 14 September 2022. Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Archived from the original on 19 October 2022 . Retrieved 3 February 2023.

Over Rising". NME. 17 October 2001. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023. Death of Jon Brookes, Modern Nature, Different Days and A Head Full of Ideas (2013–present) [ edit ]

The band were formed in the West Midlands by bassist Martin Blunt, who recruited fellow West Midlanders Rob Collins ( keyboards), Jon Brookes ( drums), Jon Day (Jonathan Baker) ( guitar) and singer-guitarist Baz Ketley. Ketley left the band and was replaced by singer Tim Burgess, who had supported the Charlatans with his previous band, the Electric Crayons. [3] Late Charlatans drummer Jon Brookes to appear on band's new album | News". NME. 26 November 2013 . Retrieved 25 April 2014. Image: Playing at Glastonbury in 2015, one of several appearances at the famous festival. Pic: Jim Ross/Invision/AP

All the band's thirteen studio albums have charted in the top 40 of the UK Albums Chart, three of them being number ones. They have also had 22 top 40 singles and four top 10 entries in the UK Singles Chart, including the hits " The Only One I Know" and " One to Another". Wonder'ful News for Charlatans Fans' ". NME. 12 August 2001. Archived from the original on 1 February 2023 . Retrieved 1 February 2023.

Versions

All songs by Martin Blunt, Jon Brookes, Tim Burgess, Mark Collins and Tony Rogers. [22] "Right On" and "Love to You" are only featured on the UK version of the album, and thus not included on all editions. While only Burgess and bassist Martin Blunt remain from the original Some Friendly line-up, the Charlatans sound - signature Hammond organ combined with the Northern Soul and house-influenced rhythms - is still instantly recognisable. They are older but "certainly not any wiser", Burgess jokes. "Well, I've grown up a little bit."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment