276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book of Overthinking: How to Stop the Cycle of Worry - International Bestselling Author (Gwendoline Smith - Improving Mental Health Series)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The voices of culture influence our parents’ inner voices, which in turn influence our own, and so on through the many cultures and generations that combine to tune our minds. We are like Russian nesting dolls of mental conversations. This isn’t necessarily a feel-good book, but it is a book that equips which then makes it a feel-good book for me.

There is no single best way — different things work for different people, says Kissen. "When you're on anxiety, it's a fight-flight-freeze response, because your brain is thinking 'danger!'" she says. One helpful way to cope in the moment is to do something with your body, such as take a brisk walk, jump up and down or dance, "to do something to relieve the energy," she says.Thomsen DK, Mehlsen MY, Christensen S, Zachariae R. Rumination—relationship with negative mood and sleep quality. Personality and Individual Differences. 2003;34(7):1293-1301. doi:10.1016/s0191-8869(02)00120-4

Before buying a book make sure to compare price and outlet, we have included links below to several large book outlets for different regions in the world: Today, not starting is far, far worse than being wrong. If you start, you've got a shot at evolving and adjusting to turn your wrong into a right. But if you don't start, you never get a chance. I personally like the unveiling of our own responsibility regarding the thoughts we listen to. As Acuff said, “Fear comes free, faith takes work.”

The Mindful Guide to Conflict Resolution by Rosalie Puiman

Rosalie Puiman, a leadership coach, says that overthinking your own role in a disagreement will actually make it more difficult to solve the disagreement successfully. When people are going through a difficult experience, asking them to imagine how they’ll feel about it ten years from now, rather than tomorrow, can be another remarkably effective way of putting their experience in perspective. I dunno. If Acoff has helped your life, more power to you! There was a couple funny things and I'm sure there's some sayings that could help certain people out. But this was a far cry from Chatter, or something with stats and actual studies behind it.

I found the formatting to be a bit too jumbled, and off-the-cuff. I also felt that the material could have been presented in a more effective fashion. Never depend on the admiration of others. There is no strength in it. Personal merit cannot be derived from an external source. The book is presented in a very straigtforward, matter-of-fact manner, without the usage of too much psychological jargon. It's also short enough that it probably won't have trouble holding the reader's attention. Numerous worksheets throughout the book mean that you can get to work on the skills you learn about right away. Then, you can review your work at the end and see just how far you’ve come in a short period of time. What we like

The book is an interesting read, and it has a fun way of showing how you can overcome overthinking about the future by embracing the benefits of chaos and living in the moment. Gilbert does an amazing job of helping readers understand that we will always encounter our deepest fears on the path toward our biggest dreams,” says Hailey Shafir, a licensed clinical mental health counselor in Raleigh, North Carolina. Rnic K, Dozois DJ, Martin RA. Cognitive distortions, humor styles, and depression. Eur J Psychol. 2016;12(3):348-362. doi:10.5964/ejop.v12i3.1118

When we overthink, we focus excessively on our thoughts, which can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression, and even physical symptoms like headaches or stomachaches. Overthinking can prevent us from enjoying the present moment, and it can also interfere with our ability to make sound decisions. But if the idea of simply setting a timer and listening to your thoughts sounds intimidating, you’re not alone. We could all use a little guidance sometimes — and that’s where this book comes in. Many books offer cognitive-behavioral strategies that can help you reframe negative thought patterns and challenge irrational thinking associated with overthinking and anxiety.Quotes: "Overthinking is when what you think gets in the way of what you want. It’s one of the most expensive things in the world because it wastes time, creativity, and productivity." But after reading a few books on the topic, I realized that there are a lot of benefits to be gained from learning how to control your thoughts better. These are problems that you might not even realize you have until you start reading about them! Steven Pressfield knows what we go through as artists. To understand and beat the resistance that causes overthinking, The War of Art is a part-journal, part-manifesto. This is how he helps you: He holds your hand as he talks about hard truths and shows how to turn your hidden skills into professional work that you can be proud of. One of the best books for both artists and people who run small businesses. Poke the Box by Seth Godin Must be nice to get a book deal. Must be nice to set your own schedule. Must be nice to be able to afford that vacation. It’s probably cousins with the phrase “Somebody has a lot of free time!” If anyone ever says this to you, they’re saying, “I’m a lot busier than you and thus more important.” Only you can’t say that in real life, so instead people say things like “Must be nice” and “Somebody has a lot of free time!”"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment