276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vacmaster Air Mover Cooling Fan - Low Noise, 3 Speed Setting Portable Floor Fan and Dryer - Energy Saving and Compact Design - Ideal for Ventilation, Drying Walls, Carpets and Floors

£37.495£74.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve rarely gone beyond the lowest setting, which is plenty powerful enough for most of my body-cooling needs. The high setting nearly blows me of the bike. After opening it up, you’ll find the fan sandwiched between some protective cardboard. From there, simply lift it up, remove the plastic, and…well…almost done. Floor Fans – to be honest, I’ve going for floor fans here and avoiding pedestal fans. By blasting upwards you get more than adequate airflow over your whole body. Not just your face.

The fan only blows in one direction but you can position the unit itself in one of three orientations so the air comes out either horizontally at floor level, vertically, er, upwards, or at a 45 degree angle. Horizontal setting

As you can see from the above, the main areas they connect with are covered by both companies (trainers, heart rate sensors, speed sensors). However, if you have a heart rate sensor that’s Bluetooth only, then only the Elite fan can connect to that. Likewise, Wahoo’s fan can’t connect to the CORE body temperature sensor either. Inversely, Wahoo’s fan can be controlled by their bike computers and watches, and a few smaller 3rd party apps. Spoiler alert: this dispatch from the veloblogging front line might tend towards the effusive. It’s not a paid endorsement though. I bought the Vacmaster myself. Finally, what about the filters? Honestly, I don’t have a good way to test that or the claim associated with it. So, let’s focus on what it does. First, the filters are “activated carbon filters”, which Elite primarily focuses their marketing/use cases on both “removing odors” as well as “removing pollutants”. Simply put, if you want to push to your maximum potential on Zwift, you need good airflow around your body. Because sweating isn’t the goal… power to the pedals is!

The Cardio54 has a remote control, which you can either wander around with (it’s like a car key fob) or fix in the rubbery strap that mounts it to your handlebars. One minor item is on the current firmware for the Elite Aria fan, it’s not automatically starting the fan after a passive timeout of 5 minutes – if connected to a smart trainer. Elite says they’re going to change that in the next firmware version slated for later this month. Else, you have to either press the physical fan button or open the app to activate it. Also, while I did have some connectivity issues with the Elite app, after some troubleshooting I figured out it was my phone. I changed to a secondary phone and it worked flawlessly. Wahoo has a nice place to wrap the power cord around it, whereas Elite’s power cord detaches – albeit also technically wraps around the side of the filter circle as well for storage

Support road.cc

That’s arguably the single biggest reason to have a connected fan like this. If you link the fan to your trainer, then as soon as the trainer activates some power floor, it’ll start pedaling. However, the one thing to keep in mind is that if you tie the fan speed to either power or speed values, that means while you descend it could cause the fan to decrease power/wind or even turn off. Thus, I’d strongly recommend instead aiming for connecting to heart rate, if anything at all. Heart rate: Great…until an interval. Then, during the recovery period, as my HR declines but I’m still hot AF, it slows down. The main reason you see ANT+ only for the cycling bits, is that it ensures the fan doesn’t accidentally take up the single-concurrent channel for Bluetooth for many slightly older smart trainers or power meters. Whereas virtually every smart trainer/power meter on the market is dual ANT+/Bluetooth (which have unlimited ANT+ connections). Meanwhile, for both heart rate sensors & CORE temperature sensors, by default it’ll use ANT+ (again, to preserve those single-channel Bluetooth connections). You can manually toggle on Bluetooth connectivity in the settings panel. Air movers and floor fans provide a powerful, targeted airflow, making them ideal for a wide range of industrial and domestic applications. There are a range of fans available, including tower, desk, floor and pedestal. Our air mover is a powerful, tilting, compact fan that can positioned on a floor, table or even mounted onto a wall. Turbo air fans like this are ideal for tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts for drying plaster, water leaks and paint. Whilst our cardio fitness fan with remote control has been specifically designed to enhance indoor training sessions, providing lifelike windspeeds of up to 54km/h for indoor cycling, running and more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment