276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Missing: Never Lost (Stories From Doveland Book 7)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to the creepypasta, the town of Ashley, KS, and all 679 of its residents disappeared into a “smoldering, burning fissure in the earth measuring 1,000 yards in length and approximately 500 yards in width.” This supposedly occurred in the early morning of August 17, 1952, when the United States Geological Survey measured the aforementioned quake, with its epicenter directly below the town. But I can’t prove it. (And yes, it bugs me that I can’t.) Absence Of Evidence Is Not Evidence Of Absence And, from within that framework, I have a suspicion that the legend of Doveland isn’t a local legend at all, but originated in one of two places, both online: Either on 4chan, or in that Tumblr post.

The post then concludes, “Most of the evidence points to it being just an urban legend, but it wouldn’t be the first mass-disappearance… Roanoke, Lake Anjikuni, Hoer Verde, and several other small localities are confirmed as having disappeared.” Also not Doveland. A government project/experiment gone wrong killed everyone, then they razed it to the ground to cover their screw-up There was also a digital "ghost trace" of Doveland in the form of Google search autocorrect and recommended search options suggesting the term Doveland, Wisconsin to many users without it bringing up any results. This phenomena is similar to Langville, Montana. Unlike that "vanished town" no ARG or online publicity campaign can be linked to the town, which first started appearing in online mentions in 2015. [2] Theories [ ]There's also one account from a motorist who filled up his tank at the town's Esso station, only to run out of gas shortly thereafter and find that, no matter how far he walked, the town never grew any nearer. A metropolis that turned into as soon as destroyed by the allege as a result of a protection force science experiment long previous depraved. There is also the Glitch in the Matrix subreddit full of personal accounts of the universe behaving strangely. Things like items disappearing and then reappearing, items somehow becoming duplicated and other things that are just not quite right. A town or unincorporated settlement that was destroyed by damming, similar to Werner. However towns that 'vanished' this way were historically well documented. [3] According to what is almost certainly a piece of anonymous fiction originally published in 2015 on the blog Strange State, the town of Urkhammer, IA, was once a bustling (if strangely silent) little burg. But it was always weird, even when it was at its most active, and the stylized account describes aerial photographs which “showed only empty fields where there should have been homes and streets and stores.”

Beyond all that, though — which, when you get down to it, doesn’t amount to much — there isn’t really anything else to find about Doveland. All we know is that allegedly, it existed; then, one day, allegedly, it suddenly did not. One explanation for Doveland's supposed disappearance is damming. According to historical evidence, damming has actually destroyed small towns in Wisconsin, specifically due to the numerous hydroelectric projects executed there since the late 19th century. And as of right now, if you search for Doveland, Wisconsin in Google, you do get what appears to be a Google Maps listing for a “permanently closed” camping cabin located on 1342 Crying Birds Lane in Doveland/Ashland County. In more creepy theories, some people theorize that Doveland was cursed long ago by a vengeful spirit, and the disappearance of the town and its residents was some sort of eternal punishment.

There’s a short answer to the whole mystery, of course: Doveland, Wisconsin is almost certainly a myth, like Urkhammer, Iowa and Ashley, Kansas. The real conundrum, though, is about where the myth comes from, and when it originated. And that mystery? Well, that’s one that… may not have an easily distinguishable answer. A third theory as to why Doveland seemingly vanished from existence is that Doveland might have been destroyed by a “military science experiment that went horribly wrong”. This sounds ominous, to be sure, but is most likely speculation from those who think the “rule of cool” applies to the real world.

It has been suggested that the t-shirts and mugs associated with Doveland might be examples of bot-generated advertisements based on users recent search history.I just learned of all the noise surrounding Doveland, and I think I can add some insight. Doveland was a small town in Wisconsin that housed a lot of military families. My father lived there for a year or two and spoke of it occasionally. The main thing I remember is that it had to do with "Project Sanguine" in the early 60's. I don't think it was X-Files type stuff, but the town was destroyed after an incident. I thought they were digging up a ton of land for something and they flooded the town or something, but this is a rehashed secondhand memory from years ago." We don’t know how many people lived in Doveland, Wisconsin, or if it actually really ever existed at all... Because Doveland, WI is one of Amerieca’s biggest little mysteries.

Firmly nestled in the quiet midwest of America, Wisconsin features plenty of charming small towns with picturesque families living the American dream. These communities are usually tight-knit and perhaps a bit isolated, making them especially vulnerable to even the smallest of changes. With that in mind, it’s not hard to imagine such a small town dying out for any number of reasons. Werner is by no means the only town in America to meet such a watery fate, but it has led many to hypothesize that perhaps Doveland now sits at the bottom of a lake, no memory left behind in the name of progress; however, we know Werner existed, as evidenced by maps still accessible today. The town of Urkhammer, IA was once a bustling, but strangely silent, little burg. However, it faded away in the early 1930s, and those who tried to visit found themselves passing through buildings “as easily as a potato passes through the smoke of a campfire.” The legend of Urkhammer has taken hold online among afficionados of creepy stories and unexplained events. Of course, there’s a problem with that idea: Project Sanguine never progressed to the construction stage. It was killed off before anything even remotely close to breaking ground happened; there was no digging, and therefore there is no way the town could have been flooded by the act of digging. And Project ELF wasn’t underground at all, so the story doesn’t line up with the facts there, either.

A real vanished town, whether supernaturally or conspiratorially erased or a combination. The most common story is that the victims were "turned inside out". [3] [4]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment