276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Night Raven: 1 (Crow Investigations)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was a group read for the Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group, and I'm glad it got voted for. It gave me that push to read Shelly Laurenston. I've heard from many that she's a good author, and I actually have most of her Dragon books written under G.A. Aiken, but I just hadn't gotten around to reading her books written under this name. Now she knows that you're not mentally ill, which means you need a little fixing up. Women love to fix up shit...At first, she'll be hanging around you trying to figure out how to pay that debt off, and that's when you'll wheedle your way in." Set in a world that will be familiar to fans of the author, this book can be fully enjoyed without having read any previous title. . . . This is an easy choice for teens who enjoyed The Grisha Trilogy, Diviners, or any of the Shadowhunter books.” — VOYA, starred review (on Six of Crows) Making art is a fairly odd decision, but people have been doing it since for ever. If doodling while on the phone I’m inclined to draw a 3D cube and then another. It’s the fastest way to create imaginary space, another world. I live in London and move through a labyrinth of extruded rectangles like an ant on a computer board. I understand space and see movement by the changing views on these shapes. By simply adding flat squares to the sides of my extruded rectangles I create modern buildings.

She stared at the mirror and smiled. Her tongue peeked through her white teeth, stained like rust. Joost felt suddenly cold. I liked Vig, a lot. He's a dangerous hero, but in a cuddly kind of way (when he's not in battle mode and ripping people's arms off.) He's very supportive to Kera, and I'd call him the perfect boyfriend. I would say the cover is highly misleading. I tried not to be embarrassed about it when I'd have it at work and my coworkers saw it. Vig has a big beard and lots of hair. He's not a clean-shaven male model type. I guess the publishers didn't think people would go for a cover with Vig as he looks in the book. It seems to me that having big beards is very much in vogue, so I'd find that intriguing if the cover actually reflected that (not that like facial hair, because I don't). I like that Vig was comfortable with himself and thus with Kera as she was. I think that's so crucial in a relationship that people accept you as you are. They want the best for you, but they aren't constantly trying to change you. The romance worked for me because it was built on mutual like and respect, as well as passion and strong emotion. Rich, satisfying, and gorgeous, laced with heart-pounding action and pitch-perfect romance.” — Cinda Williams Chima, bestselling author (on Shadow and Bone)As stated before, crows are diurnal birds. Therefore, they must find a shelter for them at night to protect themselves from predators, mostly consisting of owls, raccoons, etc. The place where crows stay at night is called a roost.

The Crows are disorganized and have no real structure. Their leader is recently divorced from the Leader of the Ravens, and they cannot be near each other without fighting. Their fights are immature and difficult to read. By difficult, I mean, ANNOYING!!! No one teaches Kera a damn thing about her new life as a Crow, so she ends up learning everything from Vig. I was beyond annoyed...I was disgusted by the Crows' behavior as a whole. There is NO proof of that in the ENTIRE book. They manipulate, threaten, browbeat and intimidate, but they NEVER stole. Lots of non-human animals, including chimpanzees and orangutans, create useful implements which help them survive in the wild. The New Caledonian crow ( Corvus moneduloides) is one of only two species on the planet that can craft its own hooks in the wild. (The other is Homo sapiens.) The South Pacific crow uses the hooks, which are made from pliable twigs that the crows bend using their beaks and feet into a J-shape, to extract insects from tight crevices.Vikings weren’t just brutal raiders, we were also traders. We traded with each other. We traded with other cultures if they had something we wanted. It was a huge part of our society, as was the raping and pillaging when necessary. And it still is today. Well . . . the trading is still part of our society.” It’s been observed that these birds seem to understand how traffic lights work. You often see a crow swooping down onto the highway to grab a dead animal. They wait until the light is red to do this, and then when the light turns green, they fly away to remain on the side of the road until the light turns red again. Crows hold grudges Mesmerizing. . . . Bardugo's set up is shiver-inducing, of the delicious variety. This is what fantasy is for.” — The New York Times Book Review (on Shadow and Bone) See the Grishaverse come to life on screen with the Netflix series, Shadow and Bone -- Season 2 streaming now! Chubu started installing artificial nests in 2004. Made with non-conductive resin, the nests are placed on company towers high above the power lines, where the birds are unlikely to cause any trouble. The strategy seems to be working: two-thirds of the faux nests have been used. 5. Proportionally, some crows’ brains are bigger than yours.

Anya tapped him on the nose. "Of a sort. The same magic your own body works when given time and a bit of bandage." I am so torn on what to rate this book. Part of me wants to give it a 1 star because it took so much damn work to read it, and I had to MAKE myself finish it. I also hated the Crows because they were all rude, self centered bitches. Then a part of me wants to give it a 3.5 star for the world building and the yummy Ravens. Vig gets a 4 star as a hero, but the sex only gets a 3 star.During the day, crows engage in various behaviors such as foraging for food, socializing, building nests, and defending their territories. Before settling down for the night in their communal roosts, crows may engage in social interactions and vocalizations. Kera "I’ve fallen in love with you. But if you tell the Crows, especially Erin, that I said it first, I will tear your toenails out while you’re sleeping.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment