276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hot Tools Pro Signature Gold Curling Iron 38 mm (Gold-Platted Barrels, Pulse Technology, Long Lasting Curls and Waves) HTIR1577UKE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This titanium choice acts as both a curling wand and a marcel wand, giving you plenty of control over your look. It offers four heat settings between 300°F and 450°F, meaning any hair texture is fair game. But the best part is its super-lightweight design, which won’t leave you exhausted or strained mid-curl. If you have super long hair and have tried to wrap it around a normal-sized curling iron, you know the struggle: Either your hair is too long for the iron, or you wrap it around so many times that it doesn't heat evenly. Hot Tools has come to the rescue, though, with this extra-long curling iron that boasts a barrel that's 2 inches longer than most. The XL wand comes in two barrel sizes, too—a 1-inch version which is ideal for making tight, bouncy curls, and a 1.25-inch option for looser, tousled curls. You may think that ceramic and metal barrels curl your hair the same, but Hurtado explains that each material affects hair in different ways. "For fine hair, you want to look for a curling iron that has a ceramic barrel," she says. "This material heats evenly and doesn't tug on your hair." Metal barrels are prone to heat unevenly and can be rough on your hair. While some metal barrels have a ceramic coating, a full ceramic plate is better for hair health, she adds. If you’re even somewhat interested in hair care, there’s a good chance Chi’s rotating curling iron has come across your TikTok FYP. It draws hair into a rotating chamber, timing each section for consistency. There’s also an auto-off feature and an 11-foot cord—plenty of length for any home user. Despite how easy the Shark was to operate, it was a bit annoying having to switch out barrels to change the direction of our curl. That said, this only takes a few seconds, and Shark clearly distinguishes between the two — there is a very clear “L” and “R” on the corresponding attachments.

Available Attachments: Three barrels for curls and waves, two round brushes, four paddle-like brushes, two drying attachments Product Specs: This curling iron has a ceramic barrel that offers 30 heat settings, up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Product Specs: This wand features a tourmaline-infused, ceramic barrel that reaches temperatures from 310 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The barrel of this curling wand features a special coating that allows heat to pass through without allowing hair to directly touch the heat source, ultimately cutting way down on potential damage. Even our fine hair, which never held a curl for more than two minutes, met its match with this curling wand — our waves lasted much longer than they did with any other hot tool.Review: “Before I cut my hair into a bob, I had a thing for mermaid waves, especially in the summer. I had never tried one of these multi-barrel curlers, but I love that all I had to do was sandwich my hair between the clamp, instead of turning my hands like I would with a traditional curling iron.” — Andrea Navarro, commerce writer

The only downside of this tool is the temperature gauge — there are almost too many options to choose from and we’re still not exactly sure what some of the settings do (we’re talking to you, Boost mode). That said, we loved the results that we got from this tool, and the price is hard to beat.

Conair Instant Heat Styling Brush

If our Beachwaver review is any indication, this rotating curling iron is just as good as social media claims it is. Its moving barrel makes it ideal for beginners, since you don’t need salon-level expertise to get started; just clamp in a section of hair and let it work its magic. Beachy waves have never been so effortless. Get beach waves all year round with Mermade’s clamping hair curler. It has three barrels in one, and doesn’t require you to turn it or flip it to get results. You simply work your way down by clamping your hair in sections and watch the magic happen. Hot Tools is one of the most innovative hair-styling companies in the market. The company launched the 'CurlBar' iron a couple of years ago, which featured a handle angled at 90 degrees to its plates. Hot Tools has been at the forefront of smart ergonomic design. Review: “I absolutely love this waver for second- and third-day hair. If I wake up with sections that need a little boost, I just give them a refresh with this tool. It’s like a crimper, but it gives you soft waves without the creasing. And it revives waves in seconds.” —E.R. All of Hot Tools' curling irons offer users a wide range of heat settings, from 280 to 430 degrees Celsius. This range leaves you free to choose your styling tool based on the material of the barrel and the full range of Hot Tools curling iron sizes. You won't feel restricted to the irons that offer a specific temperature range.

ARKIVE Headcare founder, Adam Reed, prefers using one flat temperature for all hair, regardless of its texture or type —365 degrees, which he says is the best universal styling temperature. “365 degrees is the most respectful temperature to any hair type,” he says. “It’ll warm any hair type enough to mold it into the curl you want — if you go above that you risk higher damage, and if you go below that the curls will fall.” Conveniently, ghd Classic Curl 1-Inch Curling Iron is set at this precise temperature. One of Hot Tools' unique selling points is its use of its patented Pulse Technology, which as the brand claims, 'Gets hot... Stays hot.' What We Don't Love: It is hard to safely change out the barrels when they’re hot if you want to create a look with different types of curls. What We Love: This device from Shark offers similar technology to the Dyson, along with unique attachment options to choose from, at half the price.Review: “I typically curl my hair with a straightener. My last attempt at using a curling iron (years ago) ended in burning out a huge chunk of hair and a lot of tears. But this iron, which comes at the recommendation of dozens of celebrity stylists, was a 10-out-of-10 experience for me. It’s straightforward to use, and it’s got even heat and a cool and touchable tip. On day one I attempted a ‘normal’ curling iron experience by using the spring lever. My hair was shiny, and the curls were perfect; a girl stopped me on the subway to gush and ask whether I was genetically blessed. On day two I used the iron as a wand without the clamp to even greater results: There was a wonderful unfinished quality about the curls, and my hair was so voluminous. As great as that intense heat is, though, it’s tough on your hair. Invest in a heat protectant.” — Meg Adams, contributor

Why We Like It: “I love the Dyson Airwrap Styler. It works like magic,” says Courtney. “It gives the bounciest curls and waves with so much body. I’ve never experienced heat damage using this iron.” The styler uses the brand’s airflow technology to attract and wrap the hair around the barrel to curl, wave, smooth, and dry without extreme heat—much like the coveted blow-dryer. The styler recently received a high-tech upgrade, with its next generation providing increased customization and enhanced results. What We Don't Love: There are barrels for both left- and right-facing curls, so you’ll have to switch them out as you work. If you have ultra-fine or damaged hair, you will want to select a curling iron that offers a low styling temperature. “Excessive heat will damage the cuticle further,” warns New York-based hairstylist Alwyn DiGregorio. “Lower temps with smaller sections will work just as well as higher temps and bigger sections.” Review: “I always love options, and I’ve got plenty with this set from Drybar. I’m sometimes a little skeptical of hot-tool sets because the options often don’t work equally well, but that’s not the case here. Each one is easy to use and heats up to the perfect temperature to keep my waves set for an entire day. As long as I pair it with a good heat protectant, my bleached, highlighted hair stays in healthy shape.” — Sarah Y. Wu, contributor None of Hot Tools' curling irons is dual voltage. This wattage means users won't be able to enjoy them outside of the United States or North America without using a transformer. Heat SettingsWhy We Like It: Invented by celebrity hairstylist Sarah Potempa, the Beachwaver is a rotating curling wand that’s particularly simple to use—especially for a novice. The tourmaline-infused, extra-long barrel can rotate to the left or right for glam waves, defined curls, and everything in between.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment