276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sentinel - X800 Fast Acting Cleaner 1L, targeted central heating system cleaning inside an hour, restores system efficiency by targeting corrosion debris, ideal for hot and cold systems

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am also planning on cleaning the magnaclean filter, could this also be part of the root cause to my issue?

leave Sentinel X800 in system for extended period? - DIYnot OK to leave Sentinel X800 in system for extended period? - DIYnot

I went upstairs and started bleeding the radiators there too which caused water to come out of the bleed valves on the radiators downstairs that I had left open X800 Fast Acting Cleanershould be circulated, preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned to maximum flow for a minimum period of 3 hours or until satisfactory performance is restored.The new formulation Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner is now available in all good plumbing, heating and builders' merchants. The circulation pump of the system can be used to circulate the cleaning solution; however equipment which provides a more rapid circulation can provide a more effective clean. When using an external cleaning rig, the product can be dosed directly to the buffer tank of the rig (follow equipment manufacturer’s instructions). Sealed Systems: If the system is empty, add to any convenient point before filling. If full, use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel to inject via the filling loop or other access point.

Sentinel X800 Désembouant Rapide Sentinel X800 Désembouant Rapide

If a sealed system (combi, or non-combi but with no F&E tank but with an expansion vessel either inside the boiler or external to it) you will need to add the chemical another way. Often a tall towel type radiator will do. Turn off the boiler. Bleed water from a radiator bleed point until the boiler pressure drops to zero. Take the whole bleed plug (not just the square headed bleed screw) out of the top of the radiator, syphon out 1.5 litres of water and replace with the chemical. Replace the plug, top up the system water to normal boiler pressure (say 1.3 bar if you don't know what that is). Run the system as above. You will still have to do a full drain down and repeat a few times as above. If you don't have a suitable towel type radiator you can get the chemicals in various "easy add" versions. I've never found these easy to use. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed until the water runs clear. On refilling, the system should be treated with Sentinel X100 Inhibitor or Sentinel X500 Inhibited Antifreeze.

Solutions

To clean an older system in accordance with BS 7593 it is recommended that this product is used withpowerflushing equipment. In this scenario, administer Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner via thepowerflushing equipment, following theequipment manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, circulate theproduct (preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned tomaximum flow) for a minimum period of 1 hour or until satisfactory performance is restored. A good cleaner is Sentinel X400, or X800 which is somewhat more aggressive. X400 can be left in the system, but will cease to loosen sludge after about 4 weeks. X800 should be circulated and the system drained and refilled several times to remove it. Fernox and Kamco are reputable makers of similar products.

Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner 1L | Toolstation

I bled the towel radiator in the bathtroom and then siphoned some water out so I could pour in 1L of Sentinel X800 I read online that I should have open the bleed valves a bit whilst draining the system. So with this new information I started bleeding the radiators downstairs starting with the one closet to the boiler, which caused more water to come out of the drain valve Sentinel X800 Fast Acting Cleaner eliminates magnetite and limescale deposits from heat exchangers, radiators, underflor heating floors and pipework. It restores more uniform distribution of heat in existing installations, for a better heated home and reduced energy bills. When using concentrate gel, add directly to the heating system either via a radiator air bleed valve, or via the fill loop using the appropriate adaptor and a suitable caulk gun. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed until the water runs clear. On refilling, the system should be treated with Sentinel X100 Inhibitor, or Sentinel X500 Inhibited Antifreeze.

Connect With Sentinel

Continues bleeding the radiators downstairs, starting with the closet to the boiler until no water or sound could be heard Where systems are badly fouled, we recommend a longer circulation period (approximately 3-4 weeks). The product is not aggressive and can be safely left in the system for extended periods. If a system has not been cleaned prior to use, all of the aforementioned issues for new systems will be present, with the installation debris causing issues and damage to the system. Thank you all for your advice, I have tried to do what I can to resolve the heating issues I have been having. So just to paint the picture I will layout the mistakes I have made as somethings that should have been obvious simply wasn’t to me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment